NA Ipad maps NA

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
1 - is there any way to send a route to someone via email?
2 - can a route be altered as in googlemaps where you can drag the little circles to different highways?

1 - is there any way to send a route to someone via email?
2 - can a route be altered as in googlemaps where you can drag the little circles to different highways?

Are you speaking about the native iPad Google maps application?

If so, then:

1. No, though there are a couple of apps in the app store which can do this for you instead and look/present very much like the native Google map app, like this one for example.
2. Nope. Big frustration for me that you can't rubber band edit like in a web browser. On the other hand the aftermarket app I linked above apparently has some functionality in this area according to their description - I haven't tried it myself.

Last edited:
hmph
Even when I use Safari to visit googlemaps I cannot rubberband a route.
Brings up another q I have run into from time to time...

Is there anyway to not reveal you are on an ipad when visiting a website? Seems like you lose functionality and ease of use ie youtube and now googlemaps.

hmph
Even when I use Safari to visit googlemaps I cannot rubberband a route.
Brings up another q I have run into from time to time...

Is there anyway to not reveal you are on an ipad when visiting a website? Seems like you lose functionality and ease of use ie youtube and now googlemaps.

Meh. Not anymore. For some reason Google removed the "classic" link from many of their mobile/iPad optimized websites and there are no settings on the iPad version of Safari that you can change for this.

I've been playing around with Atomic Web, an alternative web browser for the iPad that has workarounds for some of the more irritating features of safari. The UI ain't great but it does allow you to spoof your browser settings to identify as almost any full featured browser out there such as desktop safari, firefox, IE, etc. As for the rest of the features - the jury is still out.

Back