[NA]IIItuuunnneesss....[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
....makes me twitch. At times it leads to violent paroxysmal spasms!
WTH, itunes - I wanna break you!

I have a laptop, iphone and ipad with my itunes music on it.
Occasionally I will add a song to the laptop, then sync with both devices to ensure they get the current library.

Recently on my phone I notice I was hearing some unrecognized songs. U2 in fact. Odd. I've never had U2 anywhere in my library nor anywhere on my laptop at all. I have not been to the app store in a month, and when I do I am there for a specific app as there is not much room left on either device - I don't load apps without due consideration of what they are and the consequences of doing so. And I've never bought songs from the itunes store, in fact my credit card with them is way expired.

So, looking through my iphone there are 11 U2 songs. Now I like Bono (and it's St Pattys day, too) but I have taken no action whatsoever to load him into my phone. He's in my ipad too I notice. But not on my laptop's itunes.

Call me a control freak, but Get Off My Phone! I did not invite, encourage or in any way hint that I'd like "Songs Of Innocence" in my playlists or library!
What is going on??
No one ever messes with my phone, it wasn't that either.

U2 and iTunes teamed up last fall to push that album to everyone with an account.

Marketing gimmick. It was in every iTunes library in the world. Lots of backlash, too.

Here's the weird thing...it's on my iPad but not on the Mac. I was under the (obviously mistaken) impression that any time I backed up the iPad, it went into the library on the mac.

Sign up for iTunes match, then never worry about plugging your iPhone/iPad into your computer again....

Sign up for iTunes match, then never worry about plugging your iPhone/iPad into your computer again....

I had songs changed, as in a completely different recording came back after the "match" by that. And let's not even talk about what it does to album art...

I had songs changed, as in a completely different recording came back after the "match" by that. And let's not even talk about what it does to album art...

I hear ya, but even if it screws up a couple songs, the convenience is worth it.

Back