[NA]Idevices, Bose & bluetooth[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
So I had a couple hours today with my iphone, ipad and Bose headset. Phone hooks up well with headset, can make/receive calls - pretty nice.

Get to thinking about the connections available with the three devices. They are all BT capable.

If the phone can transmit comm to the headset, why not music? Why do I have to wear earbuds (or buy a compatible audio panel) to listen to music when it seems to me the capability is right there??

Same with the ipad, why can't it feed the Foreflight warnings via BT directly to the headset? Or play the music/other audio on the ipad?

Thanks!

Bluetooth is a superset of a number of smaller standards.

All of the things you want are possible if the chipset can do them and the engineers are told to implement them by the Marketers, Lawyers, bosses, etc I

Dave,

The problem is Bose - The iPhone is perfectly capable of sending music to the headset.

For Bluetooth to work, both devices have to support the particular profile you're trying to use. Phone and music are two different profiles (CTP and A2DP, I believe). Bose does not support music via bluetooth on the A20.

If you want to listen to music via Bluetooth in flight, get a Lightspeed Zulu.2 instead, they do support it. They also let you record cockpit audio. Pretty cool.

Back