[NA] Honey...

How will that look on the ASRS you filed because you didn't quite hear what the female controller was telling you?

OTOH, you can present this article to your wife but she will invalidate it's conclusions because........well, does she really need a reason?

You're right - if I present this article to my wife I'll just ahve to apologize for being right, which is wrong. :)

I practice selective hearing with my wife. I don't hear anything I don't want to hear or I feel is unimportant. :) She just thinks I'm ignoring her. There is a big difference.

My dad has a remote-controlled hearing aid. Comes in handy when my mother starts nattering. :eek: She never knows if it's on or off.....

Richard said:
How will that look on the ASRS you filed because you didn't quite hear what the female controller was telling you?

OTOH, you can present this article to your wife but she will invalidate it's conclusions because........well, does she really need a reason?

She'll invalidate it's conclusions because you passed your last medical. They tested your hearing, right dear? And they said you are fit to fly, right dear? So, your hearing is fine and you have no excuse for "not hearing" me. Right dear?

I had this one after my last medical. It was hard to argue with.

Jim G

Anthony said:
I practice selective hearing with my wife. I don't hear anything I don't want to hear or I feel is unimportant. :) She just thinks I'm ignoring her. There is a big difference.

Which only points out the differing definitions of the word. A male defines hearing as, sound waves have reached my middle ear and auditory canal.

A female defines hearing as, what am I talking to myself, you haven't heard anything I've said because I did not hear a response from you, you don't love me anymore.

If I remember correctly, isn't the "hearing test" the ability to hear a whisper from across the room?

I have yet to run into a nagging wife that communicated in such a manner, hence the comparison to the "hearing test" isn't valid. :goofy:

grattonja said:
She'll invalidate it's conclusions because you passed your last medical. They tested your hearing, right dear? And they said you are fit to fly, right dear? So, your hearing is fine and you have no excuse for "not hearing" me. Right dear?

I had this one after my last medical. It was hard to argue with.

Jim G

My wife seems to think if she can hear herself talking, I should be able to hear her. It doesn't seem to matter that she is in the other end of the house and that there are various noise makers in between. On top of that, if I hear that she is saying something that I didn't understand and ask about, she may have been either talking to me, to herself or to the cat. I just don't rspond anymore until it becomes clear that I didn't hear something that she believes I should have.

Back