[NA] GoogleEarth experts

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I want to mark out an irregularly-shaped piece of land (ie not a rectangle, but a 6 or 7-sided weird shape; ~200ac) then share that file with someone.
I have set the placemarks and can see them on the map.
How to save the placemarks as a group, then share them in a usable file so that someone else can see what I am seeing?

Use the Ruler tool and create the shape as a polygon instead of using placemarks. Then while the Ruler dialog box is still open, click "save", give it a name, and it will be saved to your "temporary places". In the places tree, rightclick on the new entry and choose "save place as" which will create a .kmz file, or "email" (which creates the .kmz and sends it to your email program).

You can also do a screen-shot of your land with the markings/polygon, paste it in Word or Excel, and save. Or just mark it up in Word or Excel.

I use it for e-scouting and do what @Dana described for all my pins. Except I save as kml to export to onX. I'm not about to share that unmarked tank up high on a north slope with anyone else tho.

You could also mark the map coordinates of the points and record them to a text file or spreadsheet. It wouldn't be as convenient as a .kmz file but anyone could recreate the polygon using the map of their choice.

Use the Ruler tool and create the shape as a polygon instead of using placemarks. Then while the Ruler dialog box is still open, click "save", give it a name, and it will be saved to your "temporary places". In the places tree, rightclick on the new entry and choose "save place as" which will create a .kmz file, or "email" (which creates the .kmz and sends it to your email program).
It worked; thanks.

Back