[NA]Flightaware alert tips[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Apparently I cant even figure out how to get FA to send me alerts to my cell phone.
Am using straighttalk with an ATT phone.
is it not "0123456789@txt.att.net" ?

no joy Sendero: (thanks for the input)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 14
@mms.att.net is for picture messages

Wait, you said Straight Talk. Then it would be something completely different and may not be possible as Straight talk bounces around on different networks. You may have an ATT phone, but you are not (necessarily) using ATT service.

You can try @mms-tf.net

Last edited:
Try sending a text message from your phone to your email address. The return address should be the one you want to use.

Rich

no joy Sendero: (thanks for the input)

You said AT&T phone, but what SIM card is in the phone? If you have a T-Mobile SIM we're barking up the wrong tree. It's also in Straight Talks' ToS that they do not support Premium SMS Messages (I'm not sure if FA's are considered Premium) and some of their phone models do not support e-mail to SMS translation.

Try sending a text message from your phone to your email address. The return address should be the one you want to use.

Rich

Rich has a good idea that would answer all the questions in one test.

You said AT&T phone, but what SIM card is in the phone? If you have a T-Mobile SIM we're barking up the wrong tree. It's also in Straight Talks' ToS that they do not support Premium SMS Messages (I'm not sure if FA's are considered Premium) and some of their phone models do not support e-mail to SMS translation.

Rich has a good idea that would answer all the questions in one test.

Yep. ST uses a variety of text / SMS servers and APNs that are not necessarily those of the companies it piggybacks on. A lot of AT&T phones on ST actually use TracFone APNs and SMS/MMS servers, especially if the phones are 4G/LTE-capable.

That's why the easiest way is to send a text to an email address. Or you can dig deep into the phone settings if you like to do things the hard way...

Rich

Back