[NA] Debug Javascript for WinCE 5.0?

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
I always get better answers to tech issues on PoA than anywhere else...

I'm building a web-app in PHP/Javascript based on CodeIgniter MVC framework. It runs fine on my local machine, but when I access the site on the target device that is running Windows CE 5.0, I get a mysterious '80004004' error on page load. What I've found online is that it is related to reduced ability to handle Javascript on the stripped-down version of IE that is used on CE.

Is there anything out there that I can use to debug the code on my local machine, but have the browser act as the browser that is running on WinCE?

Any ideas on anything in particular that usually causes this error?

Thanks as always...

Visual Studio 2010 includes a lot of tools for CE development, but I don't know about 5.0. Might be worth a shot. You can get the Express Edition free.

Ended up figuring out what was causing the issue:

I was using jQuery's full-version datePicker. Apparently it is doing something on initilization that makes the 'light' version of IE (IESample) choke. Commented that portion out, and it goes through without any problems.

Now I have to try to find a lightweight version of some sort of calendar-based datePicker.

@Nick: I looked into VS. CE 5.0 is so old that it doesn't play nice with the new development tools. I ended up with eMbedded VC++ 4.0 as well as a WinCE 5.0 emulator, but I never could make a connection between the two. What a pain...

Back