[NA]Couple of Tech Qs[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
a) how do I tell my computer to start program a and program b each time I start the computer?
I followed the instructions in Help (right click start button, properties, click program, drop into startup folder) no joy

b) how do I tell my computer to always open all windows in list view?

c) sometimes when I click the Date Modified button in details view, it puts all the files in chronological order.....and sometimes it doesnt. Repeated clicks of the button flips them but does not help.

Last edited:
a) how do I tell my computer to start program a and program b each time I start the computer?
I followed the instructions in Help (right click start button, properties, click program, drop into startup folder) no joy

b) how do I tell my computer to always open all windows in list view?

c) sometimes when I click the Date Modified button in details view, it puts all the files in chronological order.....and sometimes it doesnt. Repeated clicks of the button flips them but does not help.

a) Click start, double click Programs, and open the Startup folder. Put the programs in there

b) In windows Explorer - go to Tools>Folder options, and set it there

c) Not sure...never seen that.

a) Click start, double click Programs, and open the Startup folder. Put the programs in there

If you copy the application you'll make a second copy, eating up disk space and other complications.

You'll want to make a shortcut and put it in Startup

C:\Program Files\myapp Highlight, right drag->Create shortcut.

Drag the shortcut to C:\"You"\Desktop\Startup

To make the other changes prolly requires registry hacks, which ain't for the timid.

You can Google for instructions:
e.g.
site:microsoft.com Folder order

b) In windows Explorer - go to Tools>Folder options, and set it there

c) Not sure...never seen that.

b) To clarify, do this from a folder that already is in the view that you want to use as the default view, and then click "Apply to All Folders."

c) I'm afraid I haven't come across that problem, either. But I know that by default, Explorer still lists all the subfolders together, and all the individual files together, when "Modified" is selected. Also, some files are routinely modified by the system without user intervention, so if any of those files happen to be in the set (or inside one of the folders), they will throw off the order from the user's perspective. It's possible that one of these two characteristics are at work.

Rich

Back