[NA]Clearing printer memory[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
An HP printer I have is taking forever to print out plain, b&w one-page documents. Finally it gave me a clue as to the problem. It says, "printer memory is full".
How do I format or clear the memory of the printer?
Think I am on the right track, wwydo?

I turn it off every night so it must need some other...type of enema.
It's an HP3300. I really love that it has full clear space in all directions (ie no 'shoulder') so you can take the flatbed cover off and put a huge book etc on it. I cannot find another one that does this otherwise I would likely replace it due to age.

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1305880774934+28353475&threadId=196721

Lots of complaints in the HP forums about the same problem back in 2003. Decent explanation of what's likely causing it too. The "fix" seems to be adding RAM to the printer.

I've seen settings in some HP drivers to not download fonts to the printer, or print images rendered on the PC instead of making the printer do the work -- but whether or not any of those advanced print options are available in your driver version, and/or whether any of the advanced settings of the driver would actually help, I can't say.

From just some Googling around, it looks like it uses a bog standard 64MB PC100 SDRAM SODIMM, but the printer is picky about the chip density. Best to hunt around for better specifications, but everyplace I looked that claimed to have the RAM was less than $20 to max it out. Apparently they shipped with 32 MB RAM and the Max is 96 MB.

Again, just me Googlin' around a bit. Fire up your Google Fu and do a little digging. Looks to me like you can fix the problem for a 20-spot and forgettaboutit after that. ;)

Good find, thanks.
Not sure I can justify hdwre purchase on this old unit. Much as I love it, if I can't fix it with some keyboard jabs I might have to forget it.

Back