[NA] Build me a server

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
I'm clueless when it comes to current day server technology.

System requirements:
- Tower based: will be stored on-site and probably stuck in a closet out of the way
- Primary purpose: light-weight intranet web server and raw data storage and report generation - we will pull select data from the live thousands-of-transactions-per-hour system and store the selected data on our local server for more data analysis and presentation via web.
- Needs to be Windows-based. None of the people using/admin'ing the server have had any experience with Linux. We will also be developing our web apps on Microsoft .NET.
- Built-in data redundancy is a BIG requirement. As already mentioned, this will be hosted on our site locally, so we won't have the 'data warehouse' type of data backup.
- Cost is a major player in the equation. Capital is tight. This will need to be 'expensed' out quietly. ;) Sub-$1000 range would be great, if possible.

Do your best/worst.

Didn't Jesse recently go through this exercise to build a new PoA server?

Ahhh.. You are correct.. For some reason I thought his budget was a bit bigger than mine, but he did very well with his creation especially considering the $$$ spent.

Back