NA attic insulation mods

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I have a building with a drop ceiling and 18" above that, 2x6 joists, 24"OC.
There are fiberglass/paper insulation batts stapled to the bottom of these joists.
The insulation paper is tearing out of the staples and falling onto the 2x4 ceiling tiles.
I can probably just staple them back up but is there a better way to be sure they stay up?
I don't really want to staple chicken wire below them across the whole ceiling. Maybe some straps or something?

I have a building with a drop ceiling and 18" above that, 2x6 joists, 24"OC.
There are fiberglass/paper insulation batts stapled to the bottom of these joists.
The insulation paper is tearing out of the staples and falling onto the 2x4 ceiling tiles.
I can probably just staple them back up but is there a better way to be sure they stay up?
I don't really want to staple chicken wire below them across the whole ceiling. Maybe some straps or something?

Simpson and various other companies make rod insulation holders... They look like .040 welding rods and they friction fit between the joists/ rafters.....

http://www.soundproofcow.com/Quiet-..._yeUKjmWv9uy8GXPY1kWKM7VMWddYELzBgaAmdq8P8HAQ

Cheap and easy to install..

Ps.... look for the ones for 24" centers...

That plastic strapping that they use for packaging works great.

In the finest POA tradition:

I've heard that chicken wire can be stapled in place to hold the insulation.

On floor Insulation I used spring wire (for lack of a better term) to hold the insulation in place. The wire pieces were cut long enough that they had to be bent a little to place them between the joists. The lumber yard had the spring wires in stock.

Back