[NA]answering machines[NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Help me buy an answering machine that will break.
(Just kidding,...but we do know if I buy any electronic device, I will post about it here in 6 months.)

I need one that has multiple ogm selections. ie I can call in from afield and change the message from pre-recorded message A to pre-recorded message B. (with options up to 3 or 4 different messages)

(I don't want to actually record a message when I am on the road.....I want to tell the machine to start using another message which I have prerecorded earlier)

did a search and could not find one.

Funny you should mention this.. my mother has been exploring voicemail options for her business and she doesn't want an answering machine, nor does she want an expense PBX type system. I've been tasked to find her something.

A few attorneys that I communicate with on a routine basis use OneBox and seem to be happy with it. Anyone else ever used this or any other virtual receptionist/telephone attendant service?

Can "voicemail" whatever that is, or Onebox do what I want?
(remotely switchable pre-recorded ogms)

Can "voicemail" whatever that is
You're kidding, right? You have not heard of voicemail?

Yes voicemail systems can support more than one message and the alternate message can be selected by the user, sometimes even remotely. Trick is you as a consumer would not buy a vmail system. You would subscribe to it.

Is there on your home or business phone? If so contact your local phone company.

Frankly I couldn't stomach sending another penny to AT&T (for VM).
Yes its for the bidness, and I think I'd rather control the hardware right now.

Frankly I couldn't stomach sending another penny to AT&T (for VM).
Yes its for the bidness, and I think I'd rather control the hardware right now.

Do you purposely want people to reach a recording and not you live?

If you do want to be reached live, why not get call forwarding and forward the landline to your cell?

Trapper John

Back