[NA] 2000 e39 M5 For Sale

rachelk.tailwinds

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Rachel
In the trials of home-buying, I had to put my beloved e39 up for sale today. :sad:

Here are the details:
  • 171,000 miles
  • Brand new clutch, flywheel, and rear main seal installed about 1k miles ago
  • Has no mechanical mods whatsoever
  • Runs like a champ
  • Has new all-season tires but I have an extra pair of Pilot Sports that will go with the car
  • Head unit was upgraded to one which has GPS and and on-board computer
  • Driver seat has fading and one rip on the seem
  • Carpet, headliner, and dash are in perfect condition
  • $10,500 OBO
00z0z_kIeuvYhtpRv_600x450.jpg

00101_cmaSAMjCEW6_600x450.jpg

01515_6SBBdUNE1xM_600x450.jpg

Well, if I hadn't just bought that E55, I mightve considered this. :)

Ahh so you did end up with the E55! How are you liking it?

Ask me again in a week or so when it gets here. :)

Bought an 03 (supercharged) so newer than the ones I was looking at. Compromised on miles to get the price where I wanted it. We'll see what I think. As I was merging on the highway in the Z4 I was thinking how much nicer it would be to merge with 470 HP. :D

Ask me again in a week or so when it gets here. :)

Bought an 03 (supercharged) so newer than the ones I was looking at. Compromised on miles to get the price where I wanted it. We'll see what I think. As I was merging on the highway in the Z4 I was thinking how much nicer it would be to merge with 470 HP. :D

I hope you like your new car! I've never been a Merc fan but that's one model that I do actually appreciate and might end up owning one day!

And you should see me in my daily.... :yikes: Even at a stoplights, I'm afraid for how slow it is. It falls flat on it's face every time. Pathetic.

I was a fan of the older (70s-80s) Benzes. The 90s didn't do much for me, although the late 90s E class I did like. Some of the newer ones I'm growing a fan of, too.

One of the cars I learned to drive in was a 70-something 450SEL. I still have fond memories of that car.

One of the cars I learned to drive in was a 70-something 450SEL. I still have fond memories of that car.

I had a 280SE 4.5 in late highschool/early college, it was one nice set of wheels. A left turning woman in a Chevy van totaled it. :mad:

Very similar to:

47732d1189388907-280se-4-5-1973-sale-003.jpg

I had a 280SE 4.5 in late highschool/early college, it was one nice set of wheels. A left turning woman in a Chevy van totaled it. :mad:

Very similar to:

The old ones were awesome. 90s and DC really brought down the quality, but they seem to have regained it.

Very similar to:

Sweet Jesus. A 108.

Bought my first one when I was 16 in 2000...a '66 250SE with the 4-spd manual.

Ran the wheels off of that oil eating SOB for a year until I roasted the motor.

Bought a '67 with the sunroof and the automatic and drove it a couple more years...

But then...while dating my wife, her '95 civic took a dump one day...so we found a '72 280SE 4.5 being sold by its second owner--a 94 year old grandmother who was hanging it up.

My wife drove that car her last two years of college at Davis.... We rebuilt the heads early on and I could take ANYTHING on the highway...albeit not for long at 12mpg of 91 octane.

Still kick myself for selling that beauty.

c57e60aaaf5ff1d35d89bcdc924c8291.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am quite certain that, had your 4.5 come across my W211 (which is arriving on Wednesday, supposedly), it would not have won. :)

I said I could take it.... I wouldn't win, but we'd sure look cool until the black and white goes red and blue.....

I don't mean to brag here or anything but since we are talking cars...

Yup... It's mine

01outlandersportfd2011.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, this thing goes from zero to sixty.

Loaded to the gills with things like
High beams.
A Horn (which, don't use in Texas).
Floormats all around.

Alright ladies, form a line.

FTW!

---

A Benz 4.5 in high school!

FTW!

---

A Benz 4.5 in high school!

If you looked around, high mile versions weren't too expensive. Now, collectors are starting to notice them. I believe that body style with the over/under headlights to be the nicest looking Benz.

I once had a crack at a 300SEL 6.3, but ho-boy it was expensive and I was afraid of the air suspension.

Last edited:
If you looked around, high mile versions weren't too expensive. Now, collectors are starting to notice them. I believe that body style with the over/under headlights to be the nicest looking Benz.

I once had a crack at a 300SEL 6.3, but ho-boy it was expensive and I was afraid of the air suspension.

My Godfather had a very unusual Benz - it was a 250S, 4-speed on the column. Sweet, sweet car, exquisitely balanced, peppy, fun. He had to order it special, for delivery in Europe, because the dealers would not ever have stocked such an animal.

I might have ended up with it but for an errant old pickup...

W109 6.3.... The holy grail. There's a 4.5 w109 for sale on my local CL, I figure it's like an airplane....the costs aren't in the acquisition.

My next one will be a late 50's ponton.

I found this one on CL for $1800, but it was in Sacramento, the weather was too shiatty to fly, and there was no way I could have hid it from the Mrs....

But it did have the factory Webasto rag top, albeit it was destroyed....

a15559ee1e21dacd0cc19644e4a7ca36.jpg
12b74c03f1f2e143bfa91a9f84bc7074.jpg
a19bbb4e2b7294896ccded189b6a279d.jpg

Back