N10, Perkiomen Valley airport

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
I can't remember which thread the status of this airport came up in, but I wanted to post an update. The airport is still alive and kicking, and they've not reduced their fleet size. They still have 5 C152s and 2 C172s, same as they've had for a while. The avionics shop has moved, but it looks like they are just going to rent the hangar space out, which should ease the sting of those lost dollars.

They've reduced the prices on their 172s to a point that makes them more desirable in my eyes. At one time, they were priced nearly even with the newer 172SPs at Wings airport. Given a choice between a new 172SP and a '79 172N that cost about the same, it's not so hard to decide. But a 172N at $88 an hr vs a 172S at $116 hr is a difference worth noting to me. Enough of a difference that three hrs in the 172N saves me enough money to buy an hr in a 152.

Whether it gets sold in the future or not I don't know, but for now it's still there. Cathy and I have decided to throw our business their way, cause I hate to see small airports go under and money talks. The people are friendly, and it's one of the very few airports left where people can show up to watch the planes, and be allowed to go out and look at them just by asking.

Thanks for the update Joe. N10 worries me since they built all those houses right on top of the runway. Damn shame. Airport should have had a buffer zone built around htem initially, like commercial developers are made to do with some office and industrial parks, etc. I don' think anybody that back when all these airports were built that development would ever reach out that far. Its urban sprawl run amok.

Joe:Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear they still have a rental fleet there and kudos to you for continuing to support them. I truly hope they can swing it and stay open. Even more so I hope the owners heirs want to keep it as an airport.

Back