N/A Movies you watch with your kids

sierra

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
sierra
The "mostly dead" thread got me to thinking...

I've seen that movie probably over 50 times. When my kids were little, we would make homemade pizza, bring our blankets and pillows into the living room, put on our jammies, and watch that movie on Friday nights (usually falling asleep just as it ended). We watched a few others, but that one was the all time winner. We never got tired of it, either. :no:

Other favorites included Beauty and the Beast, the Jungle Book, and Fantasia.

Anybody else do anything like that?

Not my kid, but my niece and I used to watch the barbie princess movie all the time. I was never a big fan of it tho.

In return, she watched wrestling with me too, until she got old enough to really understand some stuff, at which point I felt some of the stuff they did was inappropriate for children to watch.

sierra said:
Anybody else do anything like that?

Back in college days somehow I ended up at that movie at the theater probably 5-8 times. No clue how. Strange group I was hanging out with at the time and it just happened. Curiously a while back I was tutoring a kid (17 yrs old girl mind you) that had NEVER heard of that show. :eek: Blasphemy. No studying got done for the next 1.5 hrs...

You don't need kids as an excuse. Just do it.

Part of the shut everything down, don't answer the door, turn the phone off and forget the world list:
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
The Great Waldo Pepper
Evil Roy Slade
Those Magnificent Men and their Flying Machines
The Pirate Movie (NOT Pirates of Penzance)
Anne of Green Gables
Fiddler on the Roof
Around the World in 80 days (circa 1989 -- 3 hours worth)
Without A Clue (sort of fits the category a little. great entertainment anyway)

Some other show (The Sorcerer's Apprentice or some such title that I can't remember exactly) I can't find trace of it anymore but it was circa early 1980's with the infamous quote during the apprentice/evil sorcerer magic fight "I do not accept your reality therefore I substitute my own." I wish I could remember the title so I could track it down again.

Last edited:
fgcason said:
Some other show (The Sorcerer's Apprentice or some such title that I can't remember exactly) I can't find trace of it anymore but it was circa early 1980's with the infamous quote during the apprentice/evil sorcerer magic fight "I do not accept your reality therefore I substitute my own." I wish I could remember the title so I could track it down again.

I tried Googling the entire quote, and that didn't work, so I Googled the first phrase and came up with something called Legend of Zelda. Was there a movie called Legend of Zelda?

Judy

judypilot said:
I tried Googling the entire quote, and that didn't work, so I Googled the first phrase and came up with something called Legend of Zelda. Was there a movie called Legend of Zelda?

Nope. That seems to be some animation thing. This wasn't.

This was a movie (1.5 hrs tops) around 1980 give or take a couple years. A semi hermit sorcerer (good guy) living in the forest takes on an apprentice who ends up in battle with a powerful magician that's determined to kill the sorcerer for some reason. The apprentice ends up in a big firefight (literally with fire) with the evil magician. I think the magician was trying to get the apprentice to change sides during the battle - "join me and learn much more or die" kind of thing. Magician screws up one of his spells and gets torched and everyone lives happily ever after.

I've googled this to smithereens a few times and just can't find it. I'm going to have to think about this more to see if I can remember the name or some detail that google can hit on.

judypilot said:

Judy

There was/is a computer game called the Legend of Zelda. I don't know if there was a movie or not.

fgcason said:
Part of the shut everything down, don't answer the door, turn the phone off and forget the world list:

Fiddler on the Roof

LOVE that movie. Favorite scene was the big ole guy dancing around in his barn singing "If I were a rich man".

Diana said:
LOVE that movie. Favorite scene was the big ole guy dancing around in his barn singing "If I were a rich man".

The movie is good. The national tour is much better. Then again, I'm partial to live theatre to the point that you can't even drag me into a movie at all.

"Because of our traditions we've kept our balance for many years...You may ask, how did this tradition get started? I'll tell you. I don't know. But it's a tradition. Because of our traditions everyone here knows who he is..."

Shirt Tails and Whiz Wheels...

Back