N/A DotNetNuke?

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
I will be starting a new job next week in which I will be in charge of website maintenance (among other things). I spent a few hours with the guy I will be replacing this past week so he could show me their current setup, etc.

They are running DotNetNuke CMS (http://www.dotnetnuke.com) on a remote web host. In the time I spent with my predecessor, I have already grown a slight distrust of DNN as a whole. It seems very clunky and not very configurable. One problem seems to be that they/we don't have direct access to the back-end configuration. The host set up a "host" account for us, but it hasn't worked since day one. My #1 priority will get that account working. Assuming I can get it working, does anyone have any experience with running DNN? Are there any tips/tricks I should know about ahead of time? It seems that they are running several work-arounds to accomplish simple tasks due to their lack of configuration access and I would like to get back to a more 'stable' setup.

Unfortunately, the chances of switching to another CMS or actually writing my own are slim-to-none. They just started this project in January and I'm pretty sure they're not willing to abandon it - mostly because the head-honchos don't know how poorly it works b/c the guy that set it up did a good job of hiding its flaws.

On a side note, while planning the release of their new site, they had considered hosting it in-house (oh how I wish) and actually went as far as to buy a Quad-Core tower server that is now used to host ONE SQL Database. It will be my test-bed for lots of fun stuff. :)

Back