N/A Copying discs

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Is it still possible to make a copy of a music CD or have they taken that away? I bought a new one and I used to make copies to put into use - keeping the original in storage.

Now when I insert my new music CD and right click the disk icon "copy", nothing happens. And when I explore the disk, they are all 1kB cda files (not large enough to be a song)

Plus nothing in the Windows Help area under 'copy music CD'

3rd party programs will almost always have a make copy of CD option. Check your installed programs that came with the computer. Should be something in there by Roxio or something that will allow for that.

Roxio works well.

You can also use Windows Media to rip it to your hard drive, and then burn it from the ripped files.

Is it still possible to make a copy of a music CD or have they taken that away? I bought a new one and I used to make copies to put into use - keeping the original in storage.

Now when I insert my new music CD and right click the disk icon "copy", nothing happens. And when I explore the disk, they are all 1kB cda files (not large enough to be a song)

Plus nothing in the Windows Help area under 'copy music CD'

You have a Sony copy protected (WE own YOUR computer) CD.

Don't buy those.

No Sony written anywhere on the paperwork, disk or jewel....I guess they could have used Sony's software or another kind, it says "RSB" "SleepingGiantMusic" "Hejaz Entertainment" and its classical guitar by Pavlo.
Will struggle with it. I am skeert of Roxio because of past experiences so might try something else first.

I take it back, I found Sony BMG Canada written inside in tiny print.

No matter, I was easily able to copy the CD into mp3 format using WMP, and the disc works fine on the puter, in the car, home stereo :)

I take it back, I found Sony BMG Canada written inside in tiny print.

No matter, I was easily able to copy the CD into mp3 format using WMP, and the disc works fine on the puter, in the car, home stereo :)

Just by putting the CD in your PC you could very well have installed Sony's rootkit.

I don't recall that title being among those, but you should check. Nope.

http://cp.sonybmg.com/xcp/english/titles.html
http://cp.sonybmg.com/xcp/canada/titles.html

DON'T BUY ANYTHING SONY!

Last edited:
Back