My UPS package - Out Joyriding...

AirBaker

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
AirBaker
Just tracking my order today... Reads bottom to top.

Apr 28, 2006 06:43:00 AM SAN JOSE CA US Out for delivery
Apr 28, 2006 06:38:00 AM SAN JOSE CA US Arrival Scan
Apr 28, 2006 05:36:00 AM OAKLAND CA US Departure Scan
Apr 27, 2006 08:43:00 PM OAKLAND CA US Arrival Scan
Apr 27, 2006 07:43:00 PM SAN JOSE CA US Departure Scan
Apr 27, 2006 05:22:00 PM SAN JOSE CA US Arrival Scan
Apr 27, 2006 03:48:00 PM LOUISVILLE KY US Departure Scan

Seems that my package wanted to tour Oak-town first.

in Havasu, All mail goes to las vegas. even if it is mailed to a local havasu address. It has to make the 300 mile round trip. Kinda looks like san jose is doing the same thing with oakland.
What ever happened to your house you were buying in Bullhead?

Michael said:
in Havasu, All mail goes to las vegas. even if it is mailed to a local havasu address. It has to make the 300 mile round trip. Kinda looks like san jose is doing the same thing with oakland.
What ever happened to your house you were buying in Bullhead?

Yeah, its strange. I don't know if there is a huge distribution center in Oakland, but I know of 2 or 3 in the south bay.

Ah the house. It's roughly 30 days from completion. They had to rebuild a wall since it was not plumb. We do have a good view of airport traffic though! :)

AirBaker said:
They had to rebuild a wall since it was not plumb. :)

The problem MIGHT be that the floor is not perfectly level. Dont use a four or six foot level to check. it is not accurate for the whole length of the building. One joist that happens to be under the level that is a slightly bigger than the rest, or has a high crown in it will give you erroneous readings. You would need a "builders level". it is a instrument similar to the ones that surveyors use. with that in mind, it is only accurate if it has been recently calibrated.
Often, carpenters will build a wall laying down on the floor, then square it, brace it square, (either with let- in braces or sheathing it with plywood or osb). before raising it up.

If this is the case, then it will make the wall out of plumb. I have seen
new houses built as much as three inches out of level form either front to back or side to side. This is often the masons (if a brick/block foundation)
boboo.
I framed many large (5-11,000 ft.) custom homes in my past life that were on poured concrete foundations (often w/ full basements, hence the poured walls.) that were PERFECTLY level. Never seen a brick/block foundation perfectly square or level, close, but not perfect. dont think it matters much?
Seen a couple of houses that Harry(homeowner)discovered after moving in, that that the tub would not completely drain!

I would want to know how or why the wall was out of plumb, could be a simple mistake at looking at the level (kinda like looking at the instruments from the right seat. Not the same perspective as looking at it straight on.)

I firmly believe that there are wall gremlins! I have plumbed and braced all the walls on a floor in preparation for ceiling joist, only to return the following morning to find some wall out of plumb as much an inch or so!!!!!!!! might be a red flag, hope not for your sake.
KD

I worked for FedEx and I am still not sure why packages have to go around your elbow to get to your thumb.

Yeah, we'll be checking the place out very carefully before signing off on it.

AirBaker said:
Just tracking my order today... Reads bottom to top.

Apr 28, 2006 06:43:00 AM SAN JOSE CA US Out for delivery
Apr 28, 2006 06:38:00 AM SAN JOSE CA US Arrival Scan
Apr 28, 2006 05:36:00 AM OAKLAND CA US Departure Scan
Apr 27, 2006 08:43:00 PM OAKLAND CA US Arrival Scan
Apr 27, 2006 07:43:00 PM SAN JOSE CA US Departure Scan
Apr 27, 2006 05:22:00 PM SAN JOSE CA US Arrival Scan
Apr 27, 2006 03:48:00 PM LOUISVILLE KY US Departure Scan

Seems that my package wanted to tour Oak-town first.

It just got tossed into the wrong bin. Happens all the time. I used to get misroutes every day @ DHL. Still the same now at Purolator Courier. It gets bad when you see a box, reconise it, tell the people that it was on your plane last night & it must be a misroute & they say, "Oh well, take it"

If it were FedEx you could have gotten your money back for shipping. Not sure if its the same for UPS. Maybe if these 2 companies merge they can be called FedUp!!!!!

Back