My son

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Finished King online course today. Have him enrolled in a weekend ground school (aviation seminars) next week (on his 21st birthday no less) and he'll take the written soon after. Really proud of the kid even if I am footing the bill....lol

That's great! Paying it forward is what lifes about on a lot of casses.

Hope to be able to do the same one day.

Hope he didn't take the "I'll memorize the questions" route. I did that and it doesn't work. He needs to be sure he understands WHY B is the correct answer.

Hope he didn't take the "I'll memorize the questions" route. I did that and it doesn't work. He needs to be sure he understands WHY B is the correct answer.

The kid reads a lot, and learns, but for now I want him to get through the exam to keep it moving forward and not get frustrated.

I trained my son the summer after he graduated from high school. At that point in his life studying for the written wasn't high on his list of "want to do's"! But between on-line school, books, study guided he pulled it off.

Good luck to you and your son!

Thanks all. His weekend ground school was cancelled so I'm flying him into Chicago for one the following weekend. Guess he can celebrate his 21st birthday with his frat buddies:D:yikes::lol::mad2::mad2::mad2::yikes::hairraise:

Last edited:
That's great! Paying it forward is what lifes about on a lot of casses.

Hope to be able to do the same one day.

I am fortunate. Yeah we argue, and he thinks we are roommates when he is at home...but he is a great kid. I love doing things for both my kids. I only wish you joy, JSPILOT, when you can do the same in the future....its a great feeling sharing stuff with your kid. So far, he learned t play guitar because I used to play, joined a frat, joined the Masons, and now learning to fly because he wanted to share things with me. I feel great being about to share hobbies with him. Can hardly wait until his check ride comes....

My son passed his written over a year ago, he did a weekend course, actually took the course twice because he was afraid he'd fail the test!:mad2: now he's a freshman in college and doesn't have time to finish his PPL. He's been flying a little with me to keep his hand in it, I'm hoping he'll finish during Christmas break, if not maybe this summer. :D Flying is a great thing to share with our kids! :D
Finished King online course today. Have him enrolled in a weekend ground school (aviation seminars) next week (on his 21st birthday no less) and he'll take the written soon after. Really proud of the kid even if I am footing the bill....lol

My son passed his written over a year ago, he did a weekend course, actually took the course twice because he was afraid he'd fail the test!:mad2: now he's a freshman in college and doesn't have time to finish his PPL. He's been flying a little with me to keep his hand in it, I'm hoping he'll finish during Christmas break, if not maybe this summer. :D Flying is a great thing to share with our kids! :D

Yeah. He is doing a weekend class next weekend and will take the knowledge exam on the 18th. Hope he'll wrap it up during winter break at KPWK.

Depends, if you can memorize ALL the questions.

Classmate of mine did and IIRC she missed a total of 2 questions between her general, airframe and powerplant written tests. You could read her the first few words of the question and she could recite back the correct answer without needing the options.

Yeah. He is doing a weekend class next weekend and will take the knowledge exam on the 18th. Hope he'll wrap it up during winter break at KPWK.

There are a couple online practice testing sites that he can use to practice between the ground school and the test. :D This one is free!:yes:
http://exams4pilots.org

Back