My runway is seeded!

lancie00

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
lancie00
I'm now one step closer to my "home airport". I graded and seeded my 50'X450' runway this weekend and now I'm praying for rain. The best part is my neighbor asked what i was doing and when I told him, he said that sounds like fun. I figured it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Next step, hangar. Wish me luck!

I'm now one step closer to my "home airport". I graded and seeded my 50'X450' runway this weekend and now I'm praying for rain. The best part is my neighbor asked what i was doing and when I told him, he said that sounds like fun. I figured it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission. Next step, hangar. Wish me luck!
G'luck

What are you planning to operate off a 450' runway?

What are you planning to operate off a 450' runway?
I have a Challenger II LSA that I can't wait to get home. The "book" says 200' takeoff and landing. If 450' isn't enough, I can extend it up to 2640'. I don't think I need much yet but maybe some day if I bring the Arrow home.

Last edited:
Where? Lat long will suffice.

I have a Challenger II LSA that I can't wait to get home. The "book" says 200' takeoff and landing. If 450' isn't enough, I can extend it up to 2640'. I don't think I need much yet but maybe some day if I bring the Arrow home.
Nice! That ought to be a hoot.

And when you're not flying, it will make a good pitch and putt range if you add a green.

Not much to see yet but here's a picture I took this morning. Everything is pretty flat but drains naturally. I'll let everyone know when the first fly in is but I need a hangar first. FWIW I'm in
NC Iowa. 43°33'11"N 93°59'20"W.
IMG_0734.JPG

ooooohhhh... runway.... I thought you were letting us know your wife was pregnant....:yikes: :lol::lol::lol:

Wow.... your area looks very flat, and the runway looks great.!!!

... The best part is my neighbor asked what i was doing and when I told him, he said that sounds like fun. I figured it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission...
From experience, I'd say that was a mistake. I had a 2000x100 grass strip I hogged, leveled and planted myself. A well meaning neighbor asked what I was doing, and I told him. He was fine with it, but when he told the other neighbors, they were not. Long story short, my attorney (I had to hire an attorney after the township went after me, saying they were drafting an emergency ordinance to try to stop me) said I could of avoided a lot of problems by keeping it secret right up until I started using it. Once I started landing there, my attorney felt it made it impossible for the township to stop me, as I was clearly "pre-existing".

Back