My Plane 22055 part 2

Hey Doc.

Yes it is. She was the 1st plane I flew under the hood in. LHZ to Tarboro VOR to RWI & LHZ.

Then one night on a trip into RDU, we were cleared for rwy 32, and I was way too high, the instr. tried to slip it in, and I was SCARED TO DEATH!!!!! So the ATC'r let us go around over the parallel runways, and cleared me for 23R. Well I overshot that one and the ATC'c was like 22055...I SAID 23R not LEFT!!!! I landed and instr. took care of the radios until I took off, and we got on up outta there. (Hhhmmmmm....wonder if he will ever let me land rwy 14....LOL).

We flew her one night on a x/c to ISO. When we came back to LHZ, we landed and were turning on to the taxi way and ya hear POP...buzzzzz. The instructor, student and I were all like WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!!!!! Instr. Jesse gave it a little bit of throttle, and she did not budge. Needless to say we had to leave her 1/2 on the ramp and 1/2 on the taxiway. I looked at both guys and said...."Wow good thing we didn't do that extra take off and landing like Yates wanted too, or we probably would have been in bad shape on this last landing."

She will be greatly missed.
Memories!!!!!

Thank God it was only a skyhawk:)

HPNFlyGirl said:
Yeah god forbid if it was a Mooney or something. Heh heh.

Oh, sweet Jesus,.... perish the thought:)

Glad no one was hurt:)

Back