My other hobby

Anthony said:
What is this the lib's drinking thread? Figures, all panzy drinks. I'll stick to my Aeroshell 15w50 and annisette, thank you very much. :D

Anthony,

I've got three things for ya: A bottle of Bookers, 30 year Laphroaig, and some 2001 Cote Rotie.

We drink, and see who drinks the panzy drinks :drink:

Cheers,

-Andrew

Anthony said:
What is this the lib's drinking thread? Figures, all panzy drinks. I'll stick to my Aeroshell 15w50 and annisette, thank you very much. :D

You drink Grappa? That's no panzy drink...

alaskaflyer said:
Exactly. It was getting a little warm up here lol!

No, a buddy of mine (next to me in the photo) was looking for a partner for the climb; I had been unsuccessful in a previous summit attempt a few years ago due to even worse weather; I love that park; round trip tickets from ANC to SEA are relativley cheap; and I needed a few days away from work after a stressful couple of months, and so...

What do they call it when coincidences converge?

But really, I don't need any excuse at all to climb a peak :D

Congrats on the summiting of Mt. Rainier, it's not that easy especially when starting from sea level. The view looks like one ski descent we did from below the bergschrund area across from Little Tahoma.

gprellwitz said:
We just saw Schweppes Bitter Lemon yesterday at a small liquor store a couple of blocks from our hotel in Washington, D.C. It was at (I think) P and 22nd NW.

hey, I was at the reception tonight, did not see you guys???

wsuffa said:
Speaking of nasty drinks, there is always Jagermeister....

Jagermeister is OK if you drink it the correct way: Frozen. It kind of turns into green licorice ooze and is pretty decent. There's a bar in Milwaukee (no, really! :D) that serves Jager from this wicked little freezer-bottle-tap thing and it's pretty good.

i agree, however, that there is nothing more disgusting than warm Jagermeister. :vomit:

Except maybe this stuff I drank (voluntarily) as a fraternity pledge: Jager, Rumple Minze, gin, vermouth, and tabasco sauce. :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :eek:

wsuffa said:
You drink Grappa? That's no panzy drink...

Never had it Bill. I've had Chartreuse. That was awful........:no:

astanley said:
Anthony,

I've got three things for ya: A bottle of Bookers, 30 year Laphroaig, and some 2001 Cote Rotie.

We drink, and see who drinks the panzy drinks :drink:

No worries Andrew. All good stuff and manly too. I'll have a drink with you and anybody here anytime. Actually several drinks. :wineglass:

:D

Anthony said:
Never had it Bill. I've had Chartreuse. That was awful........:no:

If you get "supermarket" grappa, it tastes like lighter fluid.

If you get the 'good' stuff, it can be as smooth as Cognac. Finding good Grappa is one of the little pleasures of going to Italy.

Back