My niece may be relapsing

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Hard to say for sure, just got back from my sister's house, where she revealed that my niece, Erin, went into the hospital with an infection of some sort. They did her spinal at the same time and found some abnormalities. They were adamant about the fact that it is nothing to panic over, and may be related to the infection, but she's going in on Monday to get some work done to see.

Leukemia sucks. She was almost to the 1 year off chemo mark.

Hard to say for sure, just got back from my sister's house, where she revealed that my niece, Erin, went into the hospital with an infection of some sort. They did her spinal at the same time and found some abnormalities. They were adamant about the fact that it is nothing to panic over, and may be related to the infection, but she's going in on Monday to get some work done to see.

Leukemia sucks. She was almost to the 1 year off chemo mark.

I'm sorry that the young lady is feeling poorly, but why do you assume that an infections is a relaps?

NC19143 Knows nothing about cancer, if the Dr's are not panicing I wouldn't.

I'm sorry that the young lady is feeling poorly, but why do you assume that an infections is a relaps?

NC19143 Knows nothing about cancer, if the Dr's are not panicing I wouldn't.

I dunno....just freaking me out, irregular spinal? I don't really know what that means, but the year our family has been having makes me fear for the worst.

I dunno....just freaking me out, irregular spinal? I don't really know what that means, but the year our family has been having makes me fear for the worst.

Fear not,,,,, what doesn't kill ya, makes you stronger. Have faith, it'll be OK.

Nick:

So sorry to hear of her continuing health problems. At least she has a great Uncle by her side supporting her. Best wishes for her recovery.

Scott

Nick I understand your fear its only natural when Erin went through the fight agasinst cancer that she did. Your sensitivites are certainly heightened. It just like a type of PTSD.

Take a deep breath and wait for the tests. It really could be just an infection or even a glitch in the test.

You Know that Erin has always been in my families thoughts and prayers and she will continue to be. Think positive and keep us up to date.

So we're being told we'll know something on July 31st...

My sister is not being very forthcoming with information. I think she's afraid to say.

So we're being told we'll know something on July 31st...

My sister is not being very forthcoming with information. I think she's afraid to say.

She may not want to jinx whatever results have come in so far. I know I tend to have a fear that if I tell too many people good news with an uncertain future that it'll turn bad really fast. Too many times have I shared good news only to have it turn bad the next day. So now I try to wait until I have a bit more certainty.

I hope she's alright, Nick. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back