My journey

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
Ok after losing confidence on the Checkride and the cluster f after, I got back in the saddle. Been doing a lot of pilot edge sim stuff, ie single pilot IFR, practicing approaches, and even been practicing touch n goes. It astounds me that during this IR train in we do a ton of approaches but only 1 or so landings per session. My CFII is sensing my frustration. He wants to put the fun back. So he suggested we do a xc in a cirrus for fun. So we visited my kid in college. Little did we know Columbia would be socked with solid IMC yesterday. Got 1.5 of actual IMC in. Can't upload video of approach as video is too big. But ceiling for ILS was right at minimums. I was nervous as it was my first real ILS approach right at minimums but it was a great experience.

Last edited:
Feels good to see the runway at minimums!:yes:

Congrats!!

Ok after losing confidence on the Checkride and the cluster f after, I got back in the saddle. Been doing a lot of pilot edge sim stuff, ie single pilot IFR, practicing approaches, and even been practicing touch n goes. It astounds me that during this IR train in we do a ton of approaches but only 1 or so landings per session. My CFII is sensing my frustration. He wants to put the fun back. So he suggested we do a xc in a cirrus for fun. So we visited my kid in college. Little did we know Columbia would be socked with solid IMC yesterday. Got 1.5 of actual IMC in. Can't upload video of approach as video is too big. But ceiling for ILS was right at minimums. I was nervous as it was my first real ILS approach right at minimums but it was a great experience.

I could tell by talking to you on the phone that day, that your brain works better than mine. You know this stuff. Stop messing around and get this damn thing done with ;) :D

Upload it to Vimeo, and you shouldn't have to touch it. Youtube may give you issues if over 10 minutes and you haven't upgraded your account, etc.

Glad you enjoyed it ,it's always great when the runway appears where it is supposed to be. Try posting on Vimeo.

Back