My buddy's mom's hangar....

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
Kinda neat. Might go to work here if I ever get a work visa...

the beurocracy:hairraise: :mad: .

silver-eagle said:
Those are som e FINE planes! And the bear is pretty cute.

That is not a bear, it is an Australian Pot Bellied Pig. As for the planes, yeah, she has a fine collection, and if they look like they fly, they do. The rest will shortly.

Nice Spitfire. Your buddy's mom must be fairly wealthy or is the head of a foundation.

I was thinking Koala. It's a silly place for a pig.

Oh, and if she needs a test pilot, I'm willing.

Those airplanes are great!

Melbourne, Australia?? Are you living there now, Henning?

Carol said:
Nice Spitfire. Your buddy's mom must be fairly wealthy or is the head of a foundation.

No Spitfire (yet) There's a CA 18 Mustang, 2 Harvards, a Wingeel, a T-28 Trojan and an R-22 in there in flying trim. There's a P-40 Kittyhawk, a Vampire Jet, a Comet and a Storch with the Argus Engine in various stages of rebuild in there as well. There is also another flying Vampire out at Sale (where the RAAF base is as well, bigger runway than the 3300' one at Tyabb where the hangar pictured is).

The place is also a business where many of these types of planes in Aus get their work done. When I was speaking with her about the financial aspect of her "toybox" she stated, "I have some really good customers."

Toby said:
Those airplanes are great!

Melbourne, Australia?? Are you living there now, Henning?

Yep, since September. Beaurocratically, it's been a 3 month PITA, not to mention driving on the wrong side of the car. The road isn't a problem, that was an easy adjustment, judging perspective off the left fender took some time to adjust to.

Last edited:
Henning said:
No Spitfire (yet) There's a CA 18 Mustang, 2 Harvards, a Wingeel, a T-28 Trojan and an R-22 in there in flying trim. There's a P-40 Kittyhawk, a Vampire Jet, a Comet and a Storch with the Argus Engine in various stages of rebuild in there as well. There is also another flying Vampire out at Sale (where the RAAF base is as well, bigger runway than the 3300' one at Tyabb where the hangar pictured is).

The place is also a business where many of these types of planes in Aus get their work done. When I was speaking with her about the financial aspect of her "toybox" she stated, "I have some really good customers."

Yep, since September. Beaurocratically, it's been a 3 month PITA, not to mention driving on the wrong side of the car. The road isn't a problem, that was an easy adjustment, judging perspective off the left fender took some time to adjust to.

No doubt the 3 or 4 days of check flights/tests went fairly well for you ?
What'd ya fly ?

Dave Krall CFII said:
No doubt the 3 or 4 days of check flights/tests went fairly well for you ?
What'd ya fly ?

There's more PITA. The ATO (Aussie version of DPE) has some of the firebombing contracts, and fire season started early, so they've been postponed till hopefully this Fri-Sun.:(

Henning said:
Kinda neat. Might go to work here if I ever get a work visa...the beurocracy:hairraise: :mad: .
Waltzin' Matilda! Those are some nice planes!

Pot bellied pig, my buttski . . . I know a TSA-type bureaucrat when I see one!!

Did you know....that pot bellied pigs can speak English?! Especially the ones from Hawaii. I learned this fascinating tidbit not from my trusted source, the Weekly World News, but from a guy on a date (it was a short date). He told me to watch for him and his pigs this winter on Animal Planet.....

Frank Browne said:
I'll take the T-28! That is one of my all time favorite airplanes. :yes:

You need to meet my friend and hangar partner. He's got the parts to make about 5 T-28's. He's getting close on a full restoration of one (new skins for the most part and almost everything else rebuilt better than new.

Back