My bird is for sale...

RyanShort1

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
RyanShort1
My bird is for sale if anyone is interested. She's a good ship and will come with a mid-time engine, new bungees and a new tailwheel leaf spring (old one apparently had metal fatigue last week) and a lot of recent TLC. I really like this ship, but have an opportunity I can't pass up if I can sell this bird.

IMG_5211.JPG

For many more pictures, click the following link. I'll also be happy to send logbook data and the FAA PDF that I purchased when checking for the aircraft's legal status.

https://picasaweb.google.com/historicbattles/TaylorcraftBC12N96473?authuser=0&feat=directlink

She's for sale for $20K OR best offer. I'd like to sell her sooner rather than later as she's going to cost me money for hangar, etc...

Additionally, if someone is in the Austin area and is interested in starting an aircraft club or partnership, talk to me!

Don't worry, we WILL have a tailwheel trainer for use in the area as well.

Ryan

To sweeten the deal, I'll throw in up to 6 hours of my time for free for the purchaser if they want some dual before flying her solo.

And - in the meantime, I'm still doing tailwheel endorsements...

Ryan

Last edited:
Ryan, I live in Buda and fly out of HYI. I would like to talk to you more about your great little plane. Plus, I'm looking to add my tailwheel, so this just may be meant to be!

If you can PM me your contact information, I'd like to setup a meet and greet down in San Marcos. The A&P that I will be using is there at the CAF as well, so he can go through the aircraft and we can talk some shop!

Talk to you soon.

oh man, I wish I could help get a club going to have a tail dragger. My money is currently all budgeted away this year, but glad to see you will continue on teaching and i'll keep you in mind once my budget allows!

Still trying to move this. It's also available for rental in the Central Texas area...

Ryan

No. Due to a stupid quirk from 1954 - a Beech Roby adjustable pitch prop that hasn't been on the plane for years. I'm actually working on a NPRM to try to change the law on this.

Ryan
I bought the plane from a sport pilot thinking to start up my sport pilot training business here in the Austin area, and found out after the fact that a piece of paperwork not with the logs had been filed with the FAA back in the day as a 337 even though the prop was legal per the TCDS. It's frustrating. Other than that, there is NO difference between this and any other BC-12D. It's a sweet flying and efficient ship. And if the plane sells, I'm still looking to provide sport pilot and tailwheel training in the Austin area. I just can do the sport pilot bit here right new in this plane.

Ryan

If you can get it done, I'm in the market for a new plane that I can legally fly solo. Tailwheel would be best as we are moving to a grass field just under the Tulsa Class C (this summer, I hope). Family in Ponca City has a long, slender 5-acre pasture next door.

Last edited:
If you can get it done, I'm in the market for a new plane that I can legally fly solo. Tailwheel would be best as we are moving to a grass field just under the Tulsa Class C (this summer, I hope). Family in Ponca City has a long, slender 5-acre pasture next door.
It's a minimum of 120 days on the Federal Register once I get it posted.

Ryan

Still for sale, and one of my buddies says as soon as it sells, he'll let me buy his 120... which is the direction I want to move.

Ryan

What are the times on the frame, engine, and prop?
TTAF 4357
SMOH 1317
STOH 624
Prop should be same as engine.
Had good compressions at the annual in Nov. Used a mechanic that had not be in working on her for a fresh set of eyes.
Have put a fair bit of work in the last six months to get her back in shape. A couple of guys on this board have flown her for their Tailwheel endorsements.

Ryan

Still for sale, but it may end up in an Austin area flying club situation!

Ryan

Good thing I'm a CFI and have no money. I'd be very tempted otherwise :)
Haha. I'm a CFI, too. It's not as hard as you'd think. I just want a different plane for a slightly different mission. My car broke down recently (nice 35 mpg Hyundai) and a friend let us borrow a truck until the car is fixed - except that the truck gets about 18 mpg. This old girl gets 95 mph on 4 gph, so I've been using her some instead as a commuter.

Ryan

Back