MX300 LED display

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
Yesterday (Saturday) as we were preparing to return home we saw that our #2 Nav/Com unit (MX300) was not displaying the 2nd digit after the Decimal. That is, instead of reading 123.45 it was only displaying 123.4

We are scheduled to take it to an avionics shop in a couple of weeks to have one of them swapped out for a GNS 430w anyway so it is not too big a deal, but that may mean I won't be able to get the $600 trade-in credit.

Does anyone have any idea what could cause that?

Also yesterday, ATC told use we were bleeding over onto another frequency. Is that something that can be adjusted or is it a more involved repair job. (I am thinking the latter).

Finally, I have a quote from last year that the shop said they would still honor. $12,300 to provide and install a new GNS430W with a G106A indicator. Also, they will install a new Garmin GMA340 audio panel for $2,650. Does this sound reasonable? They will also remove the old ADF and an old M3 Approach GPS. (Does anyone want either of these for the price of shipping?). Theoretically, they both work but I have never used them since buying the plane. The M3 GPS is obsolete in that it cannot hold the database updates anymore due to the size of memory.

The quotes are not cheap, but not ridiculous, either; if the install includes all the cleanup of old wiring and (as to the 340) all new wiring to the passenger headset locations, then it is not unreasonable at all.

Back