Mustang Island Fly-In December 10 - 11

Jay Honeck

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jay Honeck
Yes, we're going to do this again, and here's your first "Call to Arms!" In fact, we're going to do these island fly-ins quarterly. (Not in the summer, when this place is just too insane for anything as sedate as a "fly-in"!)

We have just experienced 7 consecutive days of the most amazingly beautiful VFR weather on the Texas Riviera coast, and Mary (my wife) has guaranteed that we will experience that same weather on the weekend of December 10-11. :cheerswine:

Although our first fly-in was nearly a wash-out, and we didn't manage to go deep-sea fishing (thanks to 12" of rain in 24 hours), 14 attendees had much fun touring the USS Lexington and doing a lot of eating and drinking.

I'll get back to everyone with details as we firm them up. I'm working with the owner (also a pilot) of the local island brewery for these upcoming fly-ins, so we'll have a few new twists! :thumbsup:

It NEVER rains!!!

We won't be able to make it. But, I hope you get a good turnout. That's a neat place, and town, you two have. The brewery was a big hit with me and my wife.

We'll be back.

If anyone from the Mid-west is going and will have two empty seats, I would be interested in sharing the cost.

Back