Must have website features

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
What are the must have website features before Gastons this year? I have about a million ideas but not enough time to implement most of them. I can probably throw a maximum of one day of work at this.

I feel the following needs to be done before Gastons:
  • Integrate Google Maps (Nick completed much of this code for me. I just need to finish it up)
  • Build a Video Gallery system so that you can upload videos of the fly-in.
  • Have Room / Looking for a room on the attendee page
Anything else?

What are the must have website features before Gastons this year? I have about a million ideas but not enough time to implement most of them. I can probably throw a maximum of one day of work at this.

• Integrate Google Maps (Nick completed much of this code for me. I just need to finish it up)
Anything else?
Live streaming webcam so those of us that can't be there...can be there??? :goofy:

Anything else?

The video gallery system can be done AFTER, Jesse... that's when we'll have videos to post!

Links to previous fly-in photo galleries and videos.

Links to previous fly-in photo galleries and videos.

Ditto!

---

I'd love for us to be able to do a live... something... but I think the entire resort shares a single ADSL pipe, so it may not be entirely practical...

I'd love for us to be able to do a live... something... but I think the entire resort shares a single ADSL pipe, so it may not be entirely practical...

Hey, that hasn't stopped us from doing it in the past! Although I do remember we had to point out to someone that they were broadcasting their butt to the world, standing where they were...

...maybe that was me... I can't remember. :redface:

Hey, that hasn't stopped us from doing it in the past! Although I do remember we had to point out to someone that they were broadcasting their butt to the world, standing where they were...

...maybe that was me... I can't remember. :redface:

Well, now, I think it's a great idea, but we need someone to bring along something directional that we can set up for a robust-enough connection at the flightline.

Suggestions?

Well, now, I think it's a great idea, but we need someone to bring along something directional that we can set up for a robust-enough connection at the flightline.

Suggestions?

:rofl:

We've been over this entire mess. My suggestion is to ask Mike, because he had a live webcam setup at Gaston's two years ago. :D :yes:

I rather enjoyed watching a Dakota arrive with a permanent set in the wings....(no offense MikeA)...:rofl:

I'm sure Mike would do it if we'd agree to buy him a Caravan to bring his stuff down in.

I'm sure Mike would do it if we'd agree to buy him a Caravan to bring his stuff down in.

We don't need to buy him a Caravan, I'm pretty sure there's probably one stuffed in the baggage compartment of his Cherokee 235. :rofl:

Look you guys went over this all last year. YOUR GOING TO A FLYIN!! not a webcastin. Just enjoy the time and post videos at night or after the event. Jess from my perspective the videos and photos are the best part. The flight and room match making featrue are good to have as well.

Perhaps you might even want to have a registration for rides etc. not so much a real strict one but something to give the pilots giving rides and idea of who and how many want to fly in their planes. ie if Steve knows in advance that 8 people want a ride in his IAR then he may be able to plan his day around the rides a little better. Or he can say my limit is 2 ride flights on Friday and 5 on Saturday etc.

Perhaps you might even want to have a registration for rides etc. not so much a real strict one but something to give the pilots giving rides and idea of who and how many want to fly in their planes. ie if Steve knows in advance that 8 people want a ride in his IAR then he may be able to plan his day around the rides a little better. Or he can say my limit is 2 ride flights on Friday and 5 on Saturday etc.

(Sheesh).

Adam, Steve knows it is his job to fill the valley with his plane's distinctive prop-tip-buzz just as many times as it takes to give every person who wants a ride... a ride.

Let me know if you want some help on the Google Maps API stuff. I have it working on my site and feel fairly comfortable with it. It *looks* like it is static because the info doesn't change often, but it is indeed creating the points and lines dynamically every time the page is loaded.

Let me know if you need some help.

Back