Muncie, IN - March 18th

I'll be there. What time? Need to be back home at probably 4:30pm

N2212R said:
I'll be there. What time? Need to be back home at probably 4:30pm
re: your avatar ... Ed - you are either very brave or very foolish... or 100% sure that your g/f never sees POA ... :hairraise:

No worries, Moby reads this site.

Ed, I can't get the plane until 11:00 so I couldn't get there until around 1:00pm. If its just you and me, do you want to pick a place a little closer? VPZ?

Edit - Hmmm, I thought I had remembered reading that VPZ had a restaurant on the field but if so its not listed. Any suggestions?

VPZ does not have a restaurant on the field. Airnav says they have a courtesy car. I may be freed up for the whole day, I'll let you know later tonight.

Lets do RCR! -

Fuel at OXI - 2.85 (guaranteed on airnav)
Fuel at C03 - 2.89

18Z sound ok? (1pm ET/12pm CT)

Edit: I have no time constraints. Courtney ended up having to work this weekend.

Last edited:
Guys, looking out the window at the weather this morning I would just LOVE to come today, but alas I'm finishing up (hopefully) my HP endorsement for the 182 at 15Z and the wife has to work at 19Z and there's no way I could get done - get up there - and get back... :( :( :(

So please, have a good time! I know I will once I get that sign off to fly the 182!! :yes:

I should arrive between 1:00pm-1:30pm ET, 12:00pm-12:30pm CT. Duats is saying its a one hour flight and my partner promised to have the plane back by 11:00am.

OK. I am going to fill up at OXI before heading over there. Cheap fuel and all.

Hi Ed, made it back but we were bucking a bit of a headwind. Hope you made it back okay.

What a great little airport and restaurant. This one's a keeper!

Yep was exactly 1:00 back. Had a 8-12 knot headwind on the way home. I flew low at 3500, and got jarred around a bit. Also got a "TRAFFIC ALERT" from AZO on the way back. Karen's is definitely a keeper! Next time we'll have to remember to just taxi over to the restaurant. I'll check out the sat photos and see which taxiway to use to get over there.

As an aside, it looks like with the speed mods I'm getting 122ktas consistantly. I'll see what happens when I put pants on it.

I was close to you guys, I was down at KOKK. Sorry I couldn't make this trip. On the plus side, I was able to finish up my high performance endorsement today! As an added bonus I now have enough hours (insurance req's) to solo our 182!

bstratt said:
Next time Mike.

We should make next time soon... Sorry I missed it! I was driving through Colorado and Nebraska and recording the latest episode of The Pilotcast.

Unfortunately, it looks like my schedule is going to be VERY busy through the end of summer. Hopefully I'll be doing my instrument checkride on April 1st (uh oh... :D ). Heck, I still need to figure out how on earth I'm going to do all the training I want to do as well as all of the other junk... Time to sit down and figure out my calendar through the end of August. :vomit:

Back