Muncie Flyin May 2007

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
Okay,
Vince's is closed at KMIE (Delaware County, Muncie Indiana), but there's a new restaurant open on the field, Kimbler's Landing (http://www.muncieaviation.com/restaurant_enter.html). According to their website, they're closed Sundays, so I'm proposing a flyin on Saturday, May 5, 2007 at noon (1600Z). Please fill in the chart below if you'll be able to join us!
Here's a review:
http://www.thestarpress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070424/LIFESTYLE12/704010314/1063
The Star Press said:
Airport restaurant set to open Feb. 9

In case you're making plans for Valentine's Day, Tony Kimbler tells us that he plans to open his new restaurant at the Delaware County Airport on Feb. 9.
The new name? Kimbler's Landing.
Muncie Aviation owns the restaurant and liquor license. The former operators closed the restaurant, then known as Vince's, over New Year's weekend.
Kimbler and South Bend-based CEPT Inc. stepped in and are preparing to open. Kimbler manages Popeye's Chicken locally for CEPT, but Kimbler's Landing will be upscale casual dining, as was its predecessor.

And
http://www.eatonindiana.net/kimblerscontactinformation.html said:
Contact Information & Hours Of Operation
5201 No. Walnut St.
Muncie, Indiana. 47303
(765) 284-6364​
Monday Through Saturday 7:00 AM - 10:00PM
Closed Sunday Unless You Can Guarantee A Huge Flyin. Please Give Two Weeks Notice, As We Can Not Guarantee We Can Accomodate Small Or Hopefull Numbers. A Non-Refundable Deposit May Be Required Based Apon The Number Of Persons That May Attend. Thank You For Your Patronage.​

.......Pilot...........# People......Plane Type.........Tail Number........Comments.

Grant & Leslie Prellwitz...2..........C182?..............N7111W?

.......Pilot...........# People......Plane Type.........Tail Number........Comments.

Mike Berisford...............1..........C172...............N80959

Mike Berisford...............1..........C172...............N80959
Anthony Amorosi...........2...........AA5B..............N28641 (definite maybe on attending)

I'll try to make it guys!

BIG MAYBE!

I am up in Fort Wayne on Saturday. We may be flying to Indy on Saturday to see my younger niece play basketball, if the game does not line up with our flying sked there is a very small chance we could head to Muncie for lunch.

Grant & Leslie Prellwitz.....2........C182?...N7111W?
Mike Berisford...............1........C172....N80959
Anthony Amorosi..............2........AA5B....N28641 (definite maybe on attending)
Barry & Jackie..............1/2.......P28R....N3904X
Ed Frederick.................1........P28A....N2212R

Grant & Leslie Prellwitz.....2........C182?...N7111W?
Anthony Amorosi..............2........AA5B....N28641 (definite maybe on attending)
Barry & Jackie..............1/2.......P28R....N3904X
Mike, Mandy, Matthew Lichterman..2.5..P28A....N82377 (definite maybe)

Unfortunately, our plane wash day is Saturday. Theoretically that will be done by 11 and is sometimes done by 10:30. Unfortunately again, 271G is already reserved so I'd have to take an Archer, making this a 2.5 hour trip. Y'all would be gone by the time I got there. :(

See you at the Fly-B-Q and/or Gaston's! :yes:

Sorry guys but I'm dropping out. I picked up a LifeLine flight for Sunday and can only fly one day on the weekend (lawns to be mowed, wife to be catered to, etc.).

Next time!

So we're at
Grant & Leslie Prellwitz.....2........C182....N7111W
Scott Migaldi................1........P28A....N8116B (big maybe)
Mike, Mandy, Matthew Lichterman..2.5..P28A....N82377 (definite maybe)

Sorry guys but I'm dropping out. I picked up a LifeLine flight for Sunday and can only fly one day on the weekend (lawns to be mowed, wife to be catered to, etc.).

Next time!

JOT -> CAK ?

I greatly apologize, but it looks like I am out too. My wife really doesn't want our baby's first flight to be that long. More along the lines of 20-30 minutes, and I guess I can't fault her for it. I really look forward to meeting you all in the near future! I hope you have a great weekend!

That leaves it:
Grant & Leslie Prellwitz.....2........C182....N7111W

Scott Migaldi................1........P28A....N8116B (big maybe)

Well hell, if it's only going to be 2 other planes, I might as well bow out.

If everyone's bailing then I'll go ahead and bail too. :(

Well geez . . . now I feel extra bad for bailing :( Please don't walk off the cliff on my account :D

Thanks for the responses; looks like Prellwitz Air will be heading out on Saturday.

Leslie

JOT -> CAK ?

Funny, Jeff just phoned me. They couldn't find someone to take the second leg of my mission to FDY, but the pilot picking up the second leg of that mission in CAK has agreed to also pick up my patient if I can take them to CAK.

So I agreed to go on to CAK if they could get the patient to come to DPA instead of PWK. That will save me about an hour by avoiding having to do that short hop.

Also the pilot doing that trip you mentioned also switched the pick up from JOT to DPA.

Well, I'm looking forward to the time when I can to those Lifeline/Angel Flights miself. Only need about another 15 hours PIC.

Leslie and I are considering switching the destination to Oshkosh on Saturday or Sunday. A trip to the EAA museum and lunch at Friar Tucks. Would anyone be able to make that one instead?

I've heard from adventurepilot.com that Kimbler's Landing is now closed, and I've confirmed that no one is answering their phone and the website is dead. Bummer.

Back