Multiple concussions and military records

bluewombat6

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
bluewombat6
Has anyone been able to pass or maintain a 1st class certificate with multiple concussions? I didn't see any mention from FAA on how multiple mild TBI effects their decision.

A little backstory for context: Before reaching adulthood, I successfully ping-ponged my brain 3 times (skateboarding and motocross). I enlisted in the Army, but had to get a waiver. No issues getting the waiver and no restrictions during my enlistment. I got 2 more concussions in service (airborne with high winds). Fast-forward to the present, I have completed a bachelor's and master's in engineering and science fields, so my cognitive skills are at least decent. I also don't beat my wife!

If there are no signs of lasting conditions from those concussions and they range between 6-15 years in the rearview mirror, is it possible that I can still be approved? All were mild TBI without any LOC, with the exception of one of them being "concussion with loss of consciousness of unspecified duration, subsequent encounter." That wording doesn't sound awesome, but the LOC was very little, if any at all in reality.

As for the medical records, any past military members been able to successfully get all of their records? I have a decent file that includes most medical stuff but is pretty light on detail. It would be great to have stuff from MEPS and my evaluation for my waiver.

Back