Multi Engine Training - NE Tennessee

rkinzer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
R Kinzer
Anyone know of multi-engine training sources NE TN/SW VA/NW NC?

Thinking of doing part-time SIC work next year. I'm retired - own a Bonanza have commercial, instrument, plenty of hours but no ME.

There’s someone at Cleveland TN (RZR) that has a Beechcraft ?TravelAir? and does MEL training. I don’t remember his name, but he helped me with some other CFI instruction / transition training in the past, a great guy.

I can’t find him online but I knew he had flyers up at the FBO, maybe call them and ask for his contact info ???

Anyone know of multi-engine training sources NE TN/SW VA/NW NC?

Thinking of doing part-time SIC work next year. I'm retired - own a Bonanza have commercial, instrument, plenty of hours but no ME.
Come to FGU, we have a Tecnam P2006T that does Multi-Engine training. Crystal Air offers a course with it! PM for info!
There’s someone at Cleveland TN (RZR) that has a Beechcraft ?TravelAir? and does MEL training. I don’t remember his name, but he helped me with some other CFI instruction / transition training in the past, a great guy.

I can’t find him online but I knew he had flyers up at the FBO, maybe call them and ask for his contact info ???
Marty Galyon. He doesn’t really teach in the Travel Air anymore that I’m aware of, but he’s the primary MEI for the Tecnam at FGU.

Marty Galyon. He doesn’t really teach in the Travel Air anymore that I’m aware of, but he’s the primary MEI for….
Ah, yeah that’s him.
Marty was there at RZR when I was getting my IR rating, and had a stuck landing gear. I circled RZR for about 45 minutes trying various things and touch-n-go to jostle the gear. Couldn’t get 3 green lights, had to land “at risk” and cut the engine just over the numbers while making the most gentle landing I could. All turned-out okay, the gear held… Marty was there at the FBO when I got towed-in, met me with a handshake said something like “I heard you on the radio, good job out there”.

Last edited:
I did an accelerated multi at Murphreesboro in their Dutchess. Good classy well organized school.

Thanks. I'll review that.

Back