Multi engine time in FL

philiplane

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Philiplane
Multi time building is available at Fort Lauderdale Executive.(KFXE) Get multi-current first in a local session or two. If you are already current we can fly up the east coast to Virginia and back in a day. Or to New England and back, logging 16-22 hours over two days.

Fuel is the biggest expense these days so trips have to be carefully planned around cheap gas stops. By doing that, it keeps the cost down to $160 to $170 per hour at today's gas prices. If fuel goes up, obviously the price will too. It's the least expensive multi time around and you aren't splitting the time with anyone, so it's real PIC.

I have a training manual for the plane, and I can develop something personalized if you need recent experience for Part 135 or Part 121 job interviews.

You are the PIC, left seat, or right seat if you need to build CFI multi experience. All trips are IFR. Airplane is a Piper Geronimo with Apollo IFR approach certified GPS, Terra Digital radios, PS Engineering stereo intercom system with MP3 & CD players, and XM weather.

I am a 4500+ hour CFI, MEI, A&P/IA with over 3000 multi hours in twins ranging from the Apache & Aztec, to Beech King Airs, all the way up to the Cheyenne 400LS.

Candidates must have a current FAA medical, private multi or better, with instrument rating. You can log it all as dual received, or you can have me sign your log book as a safety pilot if you don't want to log it all as instruction, but want a witness to validate your hours. Either way, you are the PIC and are logging real PIC time. The airplane is privately owned. Not a flight school wreck.

And the Geronimo is a wonderful flying machine. Do you do these on the econo cruise setting, 20 squared at around 7 gph per side?

That is one of the popular settings down low. For long flights at 8000-11000 feet we use full throttle and 2200 rpm, resulting in 14 gph total, low noise, and 135 kt speed.

Back