Mulit time building programs

Even funnier that before year-end we will help place at least three XLS copilots, a couple of Citation captains for various models and a couple of King Air jobs are likely, so we kinda understand how that market works.

We'll try to hire people we know or know about (and hopefully local to avoid expense and disruption of their lives and ours) but know that may not be possible. Our hole card is that we can run an ad for 24 hours on any of the corporate pilot sites and have 200 resumes in the que with an equal number trickling in over a few days. About 75% of them will be no-time CFI's fishing for their first real-pilot gig, but the email box will overflow within hours.

The pilot job market in Dallas is better than at any time since 2007, and reflective of the resurging economy in this part of the country. I hope it lasts as long as I do.

Not to mention the desk he had ended up having him log more work-related flying hours a year than a number of professional pilots I know.

I think that desk earned enough money to afford several really nice airplanes, along with several other perks. :rolleyes:

Life's a journey, not a destination.

That's fine. If he can sit in a cubical 5 days a week 9-5, great. Not all of us can. Absolutely life is a journey. Should that journey take place in a box for everyone? Heck no.

That's fine. If he can sit in a cubical 5 days a week 9-5, great. Not all of us can. Absolutely life is a journey. Should that journey take place in a box for everyone? Heck no.

True. We all choose our paths. Never discredit another for his chosen path, be happy in your own decisions.

The absurdity of his assumptions provides more than sufficient evidence of his knowledge about how things work. Maybe someday he will see a laptop and the lightbulb will glimmer.

True. We all choose our paths. Never discredit another for his chosen path, be happy in your own decisions.

Interesting thread. I fly the desk (however aviation related) 90% of the time
I started doing so late 2009/early 2010, possibly the worst time I could

It was done by choice and I've learned a lot about the industry. My lights are on and the doors are open, so I'm probably doing a good job
I've got to drive some interesting things (from that A185F last week and Meyers OTW to Citation Sovereign and Bell 429) and visit interesting places. Having said that, I'm hungry for more flying. The plan is to do 60/40 desk/airplane flying in the near future. Maybe one day I'll say screw it and buy a bigger nicer desk, but not just yet.

and have 200 resumes in the que with an equal number trickling in over a few days. About 75% of them will be no-time CFI's fishing for their first real-pilot gig.....

Dontcha wish there was a way too look into their souls and pick the good ones?

From a human interest standpoint, sure, but in most cases not for these jobs. They usually aren't ready and need an intermediate step, although some will argue that they're as good as they need to be. The problem we face is that crew experience is among the best selling points they can possess, and most of the jobs they can get on the way up are single pilot.

But I wish them (and everybody who's looking) the best of luck in finding a way to crawl up the ladder and have helped a bunch of them get started in the right seat of the part 91 King Airs and SP Citations.

Dontcha wish there was a way too look into their souls and pick the good ones?

Requirements are Multi-engine IFR so that you can log the time as PIC. I am MEI with my own Seneca II if you need to add the multi-engine rating, so I can help with that at the same time if needed.

Even funnier that before year-end we will help place at least three XLS copilots, a couple of Citation captains for various models and a couple of King Air jobs are likely, so we kinda understand how that market works.

We'll try to hire people we know or know about (and hopefully local to avoid expense and disruption of their lives and ours) but know that may not be possible. Our hole card is that we can run an ad for 24 hours on any of the corporate pilot sites and have 200 resumes in the que with an equal number trickling in over a few days. About 75% of them will be no-time CFI's fishing for their first real-pilot gig, but the email box will overflow within hours.

The pilot job market in Dallas is better than at any time since 2007, and reflective of the resurging economy in this part of the country. I hope it lasts as long as I do.

What I can't figure out is why supposedly "professional" pilots will come on a pilot forum and act anything but. Sure, they think they're concealing their identities, but as we know from previous experience on here, the people who try the hardest to hide who they are usually are the ones who draw the most attention to themselves and bring out the various PoA sleuths who can track down identities easily.

As someone who's taken a hiatus from being a professional pilot, I also realize I may want to return to the industry, so it's in my best interest to present myself as the kind of person that someone who picks out pilots might want to hire. Given more than one person on here has tried to help me with a pilot job in one way or another, it seems to be working.

What I can't figure out is why supposedly "professional" pilots will come on a pilot forum and act anything but. Sure, they think they're concealing their identities, but as we know from previous experience on here, the people who try the hardest to hide who they are usually are the ones who draw the most attention to themselves and bring out the various PoA sleuths who can track down identities easily.

As someone who's taken a hiatus from being a professional pilot, I also realize I may want to return to the industry, so it's in my best interest to present myself as the kind of person that someone who picks out pilots might want to hire. Given more than one person on here has tried to help me with a pilot job in one way or another, it seems to be working.

Hear, hear.... And then they take swipes at some of the most senior members here, failing to realize those are the guys who have accumulated an awful lot of the wisdom and a a very large Rolodex of contacts. It's amazingly shortsighted. It also violates a long-held piece of ancient wisdom summarized with "Respect your elders."

Not to mention, "What goes around, comes around."

Hear, hear.... And then they take swipes at some of the most senior members here, failing to realize those are the guys who have accumulated an awful lot of the wisdom and a a very large Rolodex of contacts. It's amazingly shortsighted. It also violates a long-held piece of ancient wisdom summarized with "Respect your elders."

Very much like the bathroom scene of robocop.

But yeah, for how small an industry this is, it is surprising how many people are willing to burn bridges. It also happens way too much in my profession, where everyone knows everyone else. It is important to remember that you can always disagree and argue while still being respectful.

If you could tell which ones were going to be professional, good at customer service, and people of their word, it certainly would be easier to pay for a TR, though, wouldn't it? (thinking back to your earlier comment about folks who get a TR and walk)

More proof that networking is important and one should be aware that you are always being judged....

From a human interest standpoint, sure, but in most cases not for these jobs. They usually aren't ready and need an intermediate step, although some will argue that they're as good as they need to be. The problem we face is that crew experience is among the best selling points they can possess, and most of the jobs they can get on the way up are single pilot.

But I wish them (and everybody who's looking) the best of luck in finding a way to crawl up the ladder and have helped a bunch of them get started in the right seat of the part 91 King Airs and SP Citations.

If it were possible, sure. The maturity and aptitude that we're looking for would require your mind-read software, since there's no other way to strip back the BS. Well, except for forums like this that make it simple as pie.
If you could tell which ones were going to be professional, good at customer service, and people of their word, it certainly would be easier to pay for a TR, though, wouldn't it? (thinking back to your earlier comment about folks who get a TR and walk)

More proof that networking is important and one should be aware that you are always being judged....

For one anyone who takes the Internet THAT seriously, especially a Internet forum has issues.

Someone who is a "forum elder" and has the time to rack up 10 - 20 THOUSAND plus posts, well they aint going to be currently doing anything in aviation, where would they find the time when they live on some forum.

For one anyone who takes the Internet THAT seriously, especially a Internet forum has issues.

Someone who is a "forum elder" and has the time to rack up 10 - 20 THOUSAND plus posts, well they aint going to be currently doing anything in aviation, where would they find the time when they live on some forum.

Uh, sorta all falls under the larger umbrella of "New Media"...get used to it. It's the future...now. I continue to be amazed by some of the connections I've made via this forum and others. Disrespect folks at your own peril.

You need to learn to show respect where respect is due.

Really? When I was in aviation I spent a lot of time sitting in pilots lounges waiting for my passengers. Gave me lots of time to rack up posts on PoA.

Really? When I was in aviation I spent a lot of time sitting in pilots lounges waiting for my passengers. Gave me lots of time to rack up posts on PoA.

Sitting hours to flying hours about 4:1, right?! :)

Uh, sorta all falls under the larger umbrella of "New Media".......

New?! Internet forums have been around since 1983!!

Not too many folks take them that seriously except for those who have 20k posts and they ain't in the industry anymore, can post that much and have a job or run a company ya know

+1

Wayne knows that of which he speaks.

No he doesn't

In the mans own words, he has ZERO personal experience as a professional pilot getting typed or trained

He even said its not the same type of scenario compared to his desk job

...., none from coming up through the pilot ranks. ...... Totally different dynamics and no comparison .

I don't really mean to be a d1ck, but this is just like that thread where Ron was babbling off about Gold Seal CFIs, which was all fine and dandy IF HE WAS ONE!

It annoys me to no end when people talk about stuff they haven't personally done.

OK, big mouth, let's cut to the chase.

What's the most money you have ever earned (salary, day rate, trip rate or whatever) during any year as a professional pilot other than as a CFI? Or include CFI if you need it, just post the number on your tax return.

How many hours or days or whatever were required to earn it?

What did you fly to earn it?

Whats the max GW of the biggest airplane you're qualified to fly?

What's the max cruise speed of any airplane you're qualified to fly?

How many Atlantic Ocean crossings have you made as flight crew member?

How many countries have you landed as PIC?

How many continents?

How many trips over 10 hours?

How many other crossings?

How many ConUS crossings?

How many type ratings?

How much IP time?

How much international flight crew training time?

What's the longest trip you've flown as PIC?

How many professional flight departments have you started?

How many professional crews have you hired?

How much twin turbine PIC?

How much any turbine PIC?

How much part 135 PIC?

How many part 135 proving runs?

How much examiner turbine time?

Not too many folks take them that seriously except for those who have 20k posts and they ain't in the industry anymore, can post that much and have a job or run a company ya know

No he doesn't

In the mans own words, he has ZERO personal experience as a professional pilot getting typed or trained

He even said its not the same type of scenario compared to his desk job

I don't really mean to be a d1ck, but this is just like that thread where Ron was babbling off about Gold Seal CFIs, which was all fine and dandy IF HE WAS ONE!

It annoys me to no end when people talk about stuff they haven't personally done.

Last edited:
Sitting hours to flying hours about 4:1, right?! :)

We didn't usually have it quite that bad, but somewhere in that ratio. :)

So if you're so busy, why don't you just go away?

OK, big mouth, let's cut to the chase.

What's the most money you have ever earned (salary, day rate, trip rate or whatever) during any year as a professional pilot other than as a CFI? Or include CFI if you need it, just post the number on your tax return.

How many hours or days or whatever were required to earn it?

What did you fly to earn it?

Whats the max GW of the biggest airplane you're qualified to fly?

What's the max cruise speed of any airplane you're qualified to fly?

How many Atlantic Ocean crossings have you made as flight crew member?

How many countries have you landed as PIC?

How many continents?

How many trips over 10 hours?

How many other crossings?

How many ConUS crossings?

How many type ratings?

How much IP time?

How much international flight crew training time?

What's the longest trip you've flown as PIC?

How many professional flight departments have you started?

How many professional crews have you hired?

How much twin turbine PIC?

How much any turbine PIC?

How much part 135 PIC?

How many part 135 proving runs?

How much examiner turbine time?

:popcorn:

He'll never respond, he'll just make some bull**** answer about how he has 3,000 hours and logs over 1,000 hours a year (meaning he hasn't been flying very long), and how his students are so awesome and will never die.

Well, on-line communications goes back a bit earlier than that, but in 1983 you were only using the "internet" if you were in a gov't research or university system and they were pretty crude by that standard. Maybe you're thinking of UUCPnet. I ran a pretty large, multi-line BBS from 1983-1995 and systems like it (some tied into FidoNet) and CompuServe were about all you had to pick from as a Joe-average user. It took til the mid-90s before "the Internet" even close to what we know it as today entered the mainstream, reaching beyond the bit-heads and putting the final nail in the coffin of the dial-up BBS world.

But I digress...

Well, on-line communications goes back a bit earlier than that, but in 1983 you were only using the "internet" if you were in a gov't research or university system and they were pretty crude by that standard. Maybe you're thinking of UUCPnet. I ran a pretty large, multi-line BBS from 1983-1995 and systems like it (some tied into FidoNet) and CompuServe were about all you had to pick from as a Joe-average user. It took til the mid-90s before "the Internet" even close to what we know it as today entered the mainstream, reaching beyond the bit-heads and putting the final nail in the coffin of the dial-up BBS world.

But I digress...

Ahh, those were the days. I'm pretty sure I could still code some basic PPL scripts for PCBoard :)

I'm sure once I'm as old as you, where my skin looks like a baseball glove and I fart dust I'll have all your little points in spades, heck probably also have some spacecraft time that far in the future ;)

Tread softly, kid. You'll be freakin' amazed at how quickly you get there. Seems far, far away now.....then *blink*, you're there. Along the way, treat others the way you want wish to be treated. Karma's a b*t*h.

Tread softly, kid. You'll be freakin' amazed at how quickly you get there. Seems far, far away now.....then *blink*, you're there. Along the way, treat others the way you want wish to be treated. Karma's a b*t*h.

Nevermind tomorrow, he's asking to get his ass beat today.

Sigh...

Back