Much Thanks from The Frederick Family

el con

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
The Flied Piper
Well , another 6Y9 Fly-In completed.
I'd like to thank all who came and those who tried.
The weather this year was again challenging.
This is more than a POA Event it's a community event and the proceeds went to the local VFW from the food sales. I think Jesse inspired a new pilot. We got some more people interested in helping the Museum and the WWII Guard Tower Project,even a few bucks for the Fuel Fund for the Mowing Tractor.
Special Thanks to Ryan and Jen for coming early and helping us get things ready,your help is greatly appreciated.
I can say with all honesty my bride Diz is the sparkplug that puts the details together and makes it happen.
David ,it was a pleasure to meet you, you give me hope that there is hope for the new generation of pilots. I wish I was your age with your plane.
KimberleyAnn ,thanks for making the journey out from CA,we enjoyed your company and your willingness to jump in and help. If I seemed a little quiet it's because you can talk faster than I can listen, then again I'm gettin old:wink2:.
Tim, Pleasure to meet You and Buddy,enjoyed your company, sorry about the skunk.
Grant and Leslie, sorry you had to drive, it was great to see you two weekends in a row.
Pete, always a pleasure, the pink crown looks good on you.:lol:
Jesse and Danielle, WOW, what an effort both motorcycle and airplane.
Clark, You ,Ed and I gotta stick together , you know -us low wingers.Thanks for making the long flight.
Gary F. nice to meet you and your charming bride.
See you all next year and Sincere Thanks from the Frederick Family

P.S -Pray for Jeanie (hoppy's) I found out she's fighting cancer yesterday,she's 32, has 5 kids and Husband Bob, and it's looking tough.

This thread should be titled "much thanks TO the Frederick family!!!!"

Brad, it was great to meet you & Diz & Ed & "the honorary Fredericks" Ryan, Jen & the kids. It was a blast, skunk or no skunk.

Sad to hear about Jeanie. She'll remain in my thoughts & prayers.

Really bummed we couldn't make it up there this year - it turned out that my 'babysit the project' turned in to 3 - 12hr days on-site supporting a new project. I'm sure the fly-in was awesome as always. The Fred's could write a book on hospitality!

Rachel is already looking forward to next year. She said "We could take the -10 next year - it's OK to take an 11 month-old in a plane, right?"

Sorry to hear about Jeanie from Hoppy's. I spent some time with her both at the bar on those two nights, and at the airport the day of the fly-in. We chatted a bit and she seemed like a really great woman. I will be thinking of her and hoping she recovers.

Posted this in another 6Y9 thread but it belongs here too.....

HUGE thanks to all the people who put this on:

Diz and Brad - thanks: for letting me ride your "little tractor," and other off highway vehicles; for letting me stay in your spare bed; for allowing me to enjoy your delicious cooking and warm hospitality; and most importantly for putting up with me for 4 days!! Getting to meet your dog was fun too. I will be sending you photos which you can use for the airport or whatever you'd like. I did get some pictures of 6Y9 from the air.

Tim - thanks for the ride, and for answering all my questions about the 182A . . . I learned a lot and had so much fun in the plane. Also, thanks for the chili and all the fun stories. "No balls, no babies!" Oh and I'll send you some pictures I took of your plane and of your dog "Buddy."

Jen / Ryan / Kids - thanks for the companionship, delicious meals, and aviation advice. I will email Diz the family portrait I shot, which came out well.

Gary / Jeanie - thanks for driving in, and for gifting me the beer from Michigan! Nice to meet your dog, crash - I got some cute shots of him that I will send to you soon.

David - thanks for letting me sit in the back seat while you and Jesse were up front in "White Lightning." It was fun to finally meet you and fly with you.

Jesse - thanks for reminding me how much I suck at playing pool. That game was one of the worst I've ever had. Also thanks for going up in David's plane and flying for a bit with me in the back seat. That was neat.

Danielle - thanks for the company, and thanks for riding in front, which helped me to anticipate the dips in the path.

Grant / Leslie - thanks for sharing your companionship, food, and alcohol. It was fun to finally meet you and of course thanks for the original offer of a ride to 6Y9 which I did not end up needing.

Clark - thanks for ALMOST letting me go up in your plane. Too bad the weather did not allow us to do so. It was great to meet you - and I enjoyed our talks at Hoppy's!

Pete - thanks for putting up with all my (repeating) stories. It was cool to meet you and talk aviation.

And, last but not least, thanks to Ed for the hospitality, Comanche flights (no it is not ugly), and the joy of meeting "Kaiser." What a friendly, 100-pound, bundle of dog. Both Tim and I want to steal him away from you. I felt like a real pilot when you let me fly most of the way to 6Y9. The pictures I took of our flight back will be tough to beat - we saw rainbows, we flew through small showers of rain for fun, we saw rays of sun cutting through clouds, and we even did a little night flying. One of the biggest and brightest highlights of my trip was the time spent flying in that plane. I learned so much from you and I very much appreciate your teachings.

Big big thanks to the Fredericks!!

I'm just sorry to have missed another year... between the great-wall-of-wx and work. (But, it's got me thinking about how, with enough work, I might be able to get with Ted to do the instrument rating... could help with next year's reliability [although, I'm sure I won't need it!])

Really sad to hear about Jeanie. I was so looking forward to earning a "suck it up" token this year. Now, this... :( Definitely in my thoughts.

Sorry I missed you guys again. The bird is in the shop getting it's left heart replaced....

Big big thanks to the Fredericks!!

I'm just sorry to have missed another year... between the great-wall-of-wx and work. (But, it's got me thinking about how, with enough work, I might be able to get with Ted to do the instrument rating... could help with next year's reliability [although, I'm sure I won't need it!])

Really sad to hear about Jeanie. I was so looking forward to earning a "suck it up" token this year. Now, this... :( Definitely in my thoughts.

Was looking forward to meeting you, too.

The airport, 6Y9, Prickett-Grooms Airfield, as seen when I departed. So pretty:

6116624918_84f06e6c82_b.jpg

Back