MSOffice 2013

JOhnH

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
I'm upgrading all my 12 of my workstations to Windows 7 and I'm upgrading all 12 of them from to MS Office 2013.

My question is whether I can use one email address for all 12 MS Office installs? Or is it going to want a different email address for each workstation?

I just started the first MSOffice install. I bought MSOffice Home $ Business 2013. It doesn't have a disk. It instructs you to go to office.com/setup.

I was hoping to download the install kit to my server so I wouldn't have to deal with internet speeds on all 12 installs, but the install page make you first enter the activation code and it installs it to your machine. Next it asks you for your email address. It says this is to make it more "personal and connected". I don't want "personal and connected". I want impersonal and functional. And it says "Manage life and work more efficiently". I don't want to manage my life with MS Office. I just want my office to be efficient and creating MicroSoft accounts to access my documents doesn't do that.

I guess most of this is just a rant against change, but I really do want to know if I will be able to use the same email address on all my machines. I have been bitten by that restriction on several occasions with other applications.

And if I sell my business, will I be able to change the email address so the new owner doesn't have to use my email but will still be able to use and manage the software?

You can have all 12 download/installs come from one account, using one email. If you are talking about the Office 2013 individualization that is available per user, then each one needs it's own MS Account. Unless you're actually going for the "all your stuff available in the cloud from anywhere" thing, I'd fire up each MS office without logging in to microsoft.

Unless you're actually going for the "all your stuff available in the cloud from anywhere" thing, I'd fire up each MS office without logging in to microsoft.

That's what I'd like to do but I don't see that option any where.
Right now, I can't get it to install at all. It dumps me on to the preferences page and allows me to enter the Region (USA), but it freezes and won't let me enter my language preference or continue.
I tried to contact support, but it ran through some sort of polling process to find a support person, but that timed and said it had a problem. I wasted around 2 hours on this stupid thing.

Back