Moxie -- CANCER SUCKS!!!!

Moxie is not yet gone.
However, after helping her a bit getting recertified some 8? years ago, I knew it was bad when she sold her share of the M20....
This hangs in the office- she created it....

Moxie we will miss you.

I hope she kicks this **** again, she is our miracle girl. She has done it before we hope she can do it again.

.....snip.... as we did Tracy's dad, John Laurence, All internet friends that started way back with the first chat room on AOPA, circa 1997.

I remember back when john posted something about putting his plane in long term storage. That was when we all found out. I also remember doing the chain mail 'photo' thing. A bunch of us took our pictures, and when the envelope came to our house, we stuck our pic in and sent it to the next one on the list. It eventually got to John.

I still have the email that Carol T forwarded from john's wife the morning he passed away.

DAMN IT.

I've only 'met' Moxie on line. Every time there was a Babes gathering, I couldn't get the time off work to go. :mad2:

:(

Always a good time at Babe-ins

I really miss them.

Moxie will beat it!

attachment.php

Attachments

• babein.jpg
    babein.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 242
Could you past the long version here? Not all of us have accounts on that site.

Longer version, she's home on pain medication which will keep her more comfortable (think "hospice" @ home). Arrangements are being made for someone else to take over management & operation of the Babes site.

Cancer is an insidious disease which seems to touch just about everyone some how. I've known a number of people who passed away as a result.
Bless you Moxie. You've worked hard to leave this a better place. All one can hope for. I'm sorry you have to go through this yet again and that the outcome is not a good one.

That's no excuse! go get one!
I think I've got two now. I couldn't remember my original one which was probably tied to an email account at a place where I no longer work so I just created a new one. I still have my rubber duck (signed by Moxie) which I'll always treasure.

I still have my rubber duck (signed by Moxie) which I'll always treasure.

Me too. It was a special edition IFR duck (thanks Duckman!!) signed by everyone that went to the Santa Fe Babe In many, many moons ago. Hard to read all the names on it now, though, the ink is all splotchy and fading. ~sigh~

Me too. It was a special edition IFR duck (thanks Duckman!!) signed by everyone that went to the Santa Fe Babe In many, many moons ago. Hard to read all the names on it now, though, the ink is all splotchy and fading. ~sigh~
You might want to try preserving the signatures with a high resolution digital photograph before they're completely gone.

Give thanks this day for friends and colleagues like Moxie.

I have the sad duty of passing along that Moxie flew West this morning around 8AM. She will be missed!
profilepic12_1.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for letting us know, Grant.

Tailwinds, friend...

I had the pleasure of meeting her once at OSH.
She will certainly be missed. :(
Tailwinds and Blue skies.

Sorry to hear that. We knew it was coming, but it still isn't pleasant to hear.

I'm sorry I never got the chance to meet her. :( Fair winds.

John L, "catfish" Ralph Martin, Bob Bruneu, Moxie...I'd not met any of them but I do know I have laughed and learned greatly from them. Truly they were head and shoulders above most folks.

I'm going to lead in putting up a plaque at OSH memorial wall for Moxie, since I always associate her with OSH and the White House. I'll post something in the spring for anyone who wants to join in.

I did meet her, once... at Lake Lawn.

Tailwinds and blue skies, Moxie.

I never met her, either, but I'll cherish her signature on a certificate that certifies me as
"One of the Babes." 'Tis a sad occasion, her loss.

HR

I'm going to lead in putting up a plaque at OSH memorial wall for Moxie, since I always associate her with OSH and the White House. I'll post something in the spring for anyone who wants to join in.

Tim, I'm in.

Tailwinds, Moxie.

Sad news to return home to. :(

So sad, my heart hurts. :(

Forever blue skies and tailwinds to Moxie

Great idea Tim

Back