movies - Run Lola Run

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
is on IFC RIGHT now. what a great movie, has anyone seen it? I saw it two wkds in a row when it came out...

woodstock said:
is on IFC RIGHT now. what a great movie, has anyone seen it? I saw it two wkds in a row when it came out...

I have a friend that won't stop telling me that I absolutely have to see it, so I just might have to bite the indy bullet and see it.

Its pretty good, eh?

it's amazing. very kinetic soudtrack which keeps the energy level up. (this was 98 when techno was really big)

three slightly different versions of the same story, each about 20 minutes long. she has to help her boyfriend out of a pickle and fast. three different scenarios play out, and each time she encounters the same people but slightly different things happen (maybe seconds early, seconds later, or even her verbal reaction is different). How they interact sets in motion a chain reaction (which is shown in rapid fire sequence of still shots, into the future) before she sets off again (running of course).

it's all in German (subtitled) and I also think it's neat that I saw this in 98, first time I saw Franka Potente on the screen and you could just tell she was going to do really well. She's now played opposite Matt Damon in the Bourne series (as well as other movies I can't recall right now).

European/Indy movies have it ALL over typical Hollywood blockbusters. I muhc prefer movies with a quirky story than just blowing sh*t up.

My film teacher made us watch this! Uhhh I hated it, well right up until it caught my attention of "what is going to happen this time." Guess it was not so bad afterall.

woodstock said:

Excellent movie, I saw it when it first came out in one of the art house theaters in town. BTW 'Lola' is that same actor that ends up running from the bad guys in the Bourne movies with Matt Damon.

Back