Movie quotes and your flying

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
What movie quotes would best be used in your flights?

Provide quote and movie title if you please.

"This flight is unofficial. Now show me what she can do."
~Flight of Fury.

"What, am I supposed to do everything? You want me to fly the airplane, you want me to work the radio, what are you gonna... What are you, the hostess?"

-- Benjy Benjamin (Buddy Hackett), It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes"

-future eman1200 instructional video

"It's an entirely different kind of flying. Altogether."

-- If you don't know this one, turn in your pilot card.

Henry Jones, Sr.: "You can fly an airplane?!"
Jr. "Fly, yes; land, no."

"What, am I supposed to do everything? You want me to fly the airplane, you want me to work the radio, what are you gonna... What are you, the hostess?"

-- Benjy Benjamin (Buddy Hackett), It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Jeff, you rock! That is an awesome movie.

Ok, gang, Jeff set the bar. Let's see your A game.

(hint: I'm thinking Charlie Sheen and manila vanilla sugar pop or something like that.)

Negative ghost rider the pattern is full. Top gun.

"I've only had two lessons" ....

"then you're the pilot!"

(then proceeds to expertly fly the 421 through ash clouds and buildings in the movie 2012)

"Flying a plane is no different from riding a bicycle. It's just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes"

-future eman1200 instructional video
Actually, that's from Mad Magazine, in the late 60s or early 70s. They did a parody of military flying with the Beatles as the main characters.

"You can't stop flying! You've got wings in your liver and engines in your back, and if you don't stop stealing that stuff, they're going to throw you in jail!"

Ron Wanttaja

That's right I am dangerous

You're about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop - Patches O'Houlihan - Dodgeball.

"She's starting to shake.......................................She's starting to Shimmy......."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UybDydQpNY

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1UybDydQpNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Copy that

Try that next time talking to ATC.

You're about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop - Patches O'Houlihan - Dodgeball.

"if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!"

tumblr_lkj34ibIbt1qzzptno1_400.gif

Actually, that's from Mad Magazine, in the late 60s or early 70s. They did a parody of military flying with the Beatles as the main characters.

"You can't stop flying! You've got wings in your liver and engines in your back, and if you don't stop stealing that stuff, they're going to throw you in jail!"
Actually, it looks like the "Playing cards in the spokes" line isn't from that Mad Magazine parody...

http://imgur.com/a/QMssa

IMDB says the "playing card" line comes from "Airplane"....

Ron Wanttaja

"Just what do you think you are you doing, Dave?"

Nauga,
who is not full of stars

Another from "Dr. Strangelove":

General "Buck" Turgidson: If the pilot's good, see, I mean if he's reeeally sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low... oh you oughta see it sometime. It's a sight. A big plane like a '52... varrrooom! Its jet exhaust... frying chickens in the barnyard!

"Grab your ankles and kiss your ass goodbye, JAFO... We're going down." (Blue Thunder)

"If you're not first, you're last!" - Ricky Bobby

"I don't need a damn computer to tell me how to land an aircraft!" - Space Cowboys

...Whenever I'm evaluating a go/no go decision:

"Defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid."

- Top Gun

"The FAA and the NTSB took 10 pilots, placed them in simulators, recreated the events that led to this plane falling out of the sky. Do you know how many of them were able to safely land the planes? Not one. Every pilot crashed the aircraft, killed everybody on board. You were the only one who could do it!"

"The FAA and the NTSB took 10 pilots, placed them in simulators, recreated the events that led to this plane falling out of the sky. Do you know how many of them were able to safely land the planes? Not one. Every pilot crashed the aircraft, killed everybody on board. You were the only one who could do it!"

Hmmm ..... The Flight with Denzel?

Back