Movie Night- BRING DVDs!

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
If there is anything you want to watch during the Gaston's Movie Night Under the Stars, be sure that you bring it along, OK?

DVDs or other computer formats OK (prefer not Quicktime, as you cannot watch it full-screen without spending Pro money).

See y'all there! :smilewinkgrin:

I'll bring the following

Sunship Games
Boy who Flew with Condors
A Fine Week of Soaring

Airplane, alone, will make it all worthwhile!

I also have the high and the mighty... That'll be a good CRM refresher :)

Tony you have a dvd of Goofy's Glider???

If anyone brings Miracle Landing - someone needs to make me a copy. I can't find that damn movie anywhere.

I'll bring Top Gun and Iron Eagle III

:rofl:

Wow, sounds like movie night will be an all-nighter. We'll have to sit closer to the screen as the fog rolls in!

If I can find it at the local eclectic college video store I'll bring Sky Fighters. It's a French Top gun, but with more flying scenes. The story is about as ridiculous as top Gun, but well worth the aerial shots in the Alps.

Wow, sounds like movie night will be an all-nighter. We'll have to sit closer to the screen as the fog rolls in!

Or Movie-Every-Night!

I'll bring the IMAX "Magic of Flight" DVD; it's mostly about the Blue Angels... amazing in-cockpit high def video.

I'd like to see this downloaded to the big screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BzU1sYPjzo

remove the term "jet" and it would be perfect for this group (some members more than others) :rofl:

If there is anything you want to watch during the Gaston's Movie Night Under the Stars, be sure that you bring it along, OK?

DVDs or other computer formats OK (prefer not Quicktime, as you cannot watch it full-screen without spending Pro money).

See y'all there! :smilewinkgrin:

Anyone have One Six Left? How about Dark Blue World? I'd like to see both of those.

I have One Six Right on my laptop, but it is going in for a visit to the laptop docs while I'm at Gaston's.

Okay, I have with me:
Airplane
One Six Left
Dark Blue World
Flyboys
Folks
some Sky King episodes
High & the Mighty
Island in the Sky
Hot Shot's
Dennstaedt on Skew-T Log-P charts

Guys, you have a problem.

There's only enough time in a given night for maybe a double feature.

Maybe Spike needs to bring enough equipment to set up a multiplex: "Now showing on Gaston's runway theater #3...."

Another flying spoof movie I heard suggested (I've never seen it) was "1941" with John Belushi.

Another flying spoof movie I heard suggested (I've never seen it) was "1941" with John Belushi.

Not so much, 1941 was among the first tapes I even bought, when they were $70 each, and it was never received real well with my audiences.

There's not a lot of flying in it. Just John as "Wild Bill Kelso" in a mock up.

I'll bring the following

Sunship Games
Boy who Flew with Condors
A Fine Week of Soaring

Ah. Sunship Games...

I remember that movie from last yeZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

we watched 16R completely oblivious that we had fierce competition (which we lost to), in cabin 67 "they're serving Margaritas"!! Whereupon we (mostly) all ended up, to watch Airplane amid sporadic M&M fights. :)

we watched 16R completely oblivious that we had fierce competition (which we lost to), in cabin 67 "they're serving Margaritas"!! Whereupon we (mostly) all ended up, to watch Airplane amid sporadic M&M fights. :)
Those were some intense margaritas :D

In fact, while they were watching 16R at the flight line (competing more with a party going on outside than with us), we were watching 16L (before switching over to Airplane!) After which, we did a Dam run! :)

Oh, BTW, someone left a copy of William Langeweiche's Inside the Sky in cabin 67 after the movie. I have it and intend to read it. :) If you want to claim it, PM me. Otherwise, I'll consider it a donation to the PoA library and offer it up to the first taker.

Last edited:
Back