Mountain Flying Bible, Finally.

catmandu

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Catmandu
After having this excellent book spend five months in purgatory due to testing positive for explosives on a TSA swab :)hairraise:), I once again have it in my possesion and will forward it to the first person to post.

There has to be a story in a book being bannished to TSA purgatory. Do share.

Not so much TSA purgatory . . .

This summer @ DFW, randomly selected for TSA swab test. My carry-on backpack tested positive for explosives. After a few minutes of 'further discussions' we all agreed I was not a terrorist and that the bag probably picked up residue when alongside my Hilti-gun equipment in the back of my truck (which had gotten a good workout that particular week). I was on my way to Heathrow, and did not particularly want to have the same discussion with Her Majesty's Finest. So I opted to leave the backpack and everything in it with my friend I had RON'd with in Fort Worth. Said friend subsequently had to go to parts unknown to defend freedom, leaving my stuff unavailable for retrieval until I recently RON'd in Fort Worth, and gained access to my friend's place via the Landlord.

Ended up with Flying and a crappy Stuart Woods paperback from the newsstand for the long flight, would have much preferred Sparky's words of wisdom. :sad:

And you are the first to post, do you want the book?

As I had the book before Catmandu, I was afraid I got something on it. Either fertilizer or something from the lab.

HCS, send me a PM with your mailing address. I'll give Gordon a day to reply, but I think you might be the big weiner!

And to all, I have successfully blown up two of my computers today, so forgive me if I don't get back to you right away, I am working on some recovery options. :cryin:

I'll take second (third?) dibs!

Back