Motorcycle

Earthroamer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Earthroamer
My dad sent this picture to me on email. I have no idea how true it is, but it sure would look good on the streets here in Tulsa!

Attachments

• Radial Bike 2006.jpg
    Radial Bike 2006.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 73
I'd bet that it has a certain comfort factor for winter riding that is lacking on more "standard" configurations.

They're real. Apparently there are several custom radials like that floating around mostly in the show circuit.
If you go into some old car museums you can occasionally find 5 cylinder radial motorcycles from the 1920-1930's.

I'd be worried about ground clearance in turns unless it's got high suspension or mounted sideways. Low siding one of those just has to be spendy.

Attachments

• Motorcycle-Radial-Engine2.jpg
    Motorcycle-Radial-Engine2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Motorcycle-Radial-Engine3.jpg
    Motorcycle-Radial-Engine3.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Motorcycle-Radial-Engine1.jpg
    Motorcycle-Radial-Engine1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 32
I just Gotta have one, wonder if OCC would build me one for less than 20K........off to OCC web site,details at 11:00

I want One Too., would definately be a RiceRocket Eater.
Dave G

cool, but you couldn't run over a dead frog without cracking a valve cover on that thing!! :eek: !

igottafly said:
I just Gotta have one, wonder if OCC would build me one for less than 20K........off to OCC web site,details at 11:00

<20K don't think so but I have been trying to figure out how much their bikles do go for. Their website is only about selling T-Shirts, hats, etc. and pictures of the show bikes. ANy idea how much one of their bikes really costs?

Some company, whose name escapes me (ironically), has one - I heard the figure of $125K bandied about . . . bet they bought it for PR, and their name escapes me . . . heheheh.

smigaldi said:
<20K don't think so but I have been trying to figure out how much their bikles do go for. Their website is only about selling T-Shirts, hats, etc. and pictures of the show bikes. ANy idea how much one of their bikes really costs?

I was reading a trade magazine at work and they had an article on Orange County Choppers. I beleive it said the bikes start at 40k

jangell said:
I was reading a trade magazine at work and they had an article on Orange County Choppers. I beleive it said the bikes start at 40k

If I had 40k to drop on something like that, I could probably find a really nice 152 that I'd rather have. :yes:

Why on God's green Earth would anyone actually WANT one of their bikes? Yes, some of them do LOOK kinda cool, but they look miserably uncomfortable to ride. But a base price of 40K for a hangar queen?

I usually sit in the breakroom and flip through the channels on my first break of the day at work and that show is on. Kinda of interesting to watch, but what exactly does the chubby guy with the funky white mustache do? Does he actually know how to work on a bike or does he just walk around trying to look like an idiot and yell at the grunts?

etsisk said:
Some company, whose name escapes me (ironically), has one - I heard the figure of $125K bandied about . . . bet they bought it for PR, and their name escapes me . . . heheheh.
Dunno about OCC, but a Daytona customizer sued Shaq for IIRC >$150K for a custom bike he ordered and picked up, but didn't pay for.

Back