MotionEaze

Tristar

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tristar
http://www.motioneaze.com/

Does anybody know if the FAA has certified this for pilots yet? I haven't tried it yet mainly because I don't know if PICs can use it and that it'll have the same lack of usefulness like the electric bands, sea bands, ginger, and everything else I've tried and not worked.

I doubt it works. It does say it is all natural. That means there was no real test to establish the claims of this OTC drug. According the the web site this product contains; Lavender, Peppermint, Birch, Frankincense, Chamomile, Myrrh and Ylang Ylang. Basically it is herbal tea. I would not wast my time with it.

I doubt it works. It does say it is all natural. That means there was no real test to establish the claims of this OTC drug. According the the web site this product contains; Lavender, Peppermint, Birch, Frankincense, Chamomile, Myrrh and Ylang Ylang. Basically it is herbal tea. I would not wast my time with it.

Actually, between the peppermint and chamomile, it may actually have some benefit, although you might as well just take a chamomile and peppermint tea bag and make a cup for a heck of a lot cheaper.

Not according the Mythbusters

Mythbusters sampling is rather limited, usually to a sampling of one. Actually, their method mistakes of arriving at conclussions is rather annoying at times, however I like when they blow things up.:D

Mythbusters sampling is rather limited, usually to a sampling of one. Actually, their method mistakes of arriving at conclussions is rather annoying at times, however I like when they blow things up.:D
"We couldn't do it in a few days, so therefore it can't be done."

QED.

True but at least in this case their data supported the conclusion that herbal remedies don't work for motion sickness. I think at most one can say there is a placebo effect. Having been on lot of planes where crews were pucking up I never saw anything that has worked. You have been on lots of ships, anything that consistently works and works well for all?

The stuff in this particular product is just concentrated tea. Save some cash and have a Chai Latte at Starbuck before you go flying. Probably would have the same affect on one.

i never thought id see the phrase "Save some cash" in the same sentence as Starbucks

True but at least in this case their data supported the conclusion that herbal remedies don't work for motion sickness. I think at most one can say there is a placebo effect. Having been on lot of planes where crews were pucking up I never saw anything that has worked. You have been on lots of ships, anything that consistently works and works well for all?

The stuff in this particular product is just concentrated tea. Save some cash and have a Chai Latte at Starbuck before you go flying. Probably would have the same affect on one.

AHHHHH!!!! Damnit, Vista is driving me nuts, lost another freaking post.

Typically, I give them a Peppermint/Chamomile tea blend with a big spoon of brown sugar, ginger snaps and a dry toasted bagel and put them outside on the back deck. If it doesn't cure them, it at least provides comfort, liquids, some energy and something to keep them from dry heaving (which can be damaging when sustained).

Thing is, nothing works the same for everyone. Some people do well using Scopalomine patches, some people get sick on them before they come aboard. Dramamine works for some even if it's just to make them sleep through the first three days. I know people who use anti-inflamatories and some who even use diuretics:)confused: never figured that out except maybe some effect on inner ear pressure?). There's various causes and contributing factors to motion sickness which is why Mythbusters methodology fails here. BTW, I have only rarely seen someone get sick for more than three days, and once had to have someone heli-evacuated due to projectile vomiting. In all these cases the persons were found to have inner ear infections.

An interesting aside: Guests who go through seasickness tend to tip very well, while diver one has to rescue don't tip at all....

AHHHHH!!!! Damnit, Vista is driving me nuts, lost another freaking post.

Typically, I give them a Peppermint/Chamomile tea blend with a big spoon of brown sugar, ginger snaps and a dry toasted bagel and put them outside on the back deck. If it doesn't cure them, it at least provides comfort, liquids, some energy and something to keep them from dry heaving (which can be damaging when sustained).

Thing is, nothing works the same for everyone. Some people do well using Scopalomine patches, some people get sick on them before they come aboard. Dramamine works for some even if it's just to make them sleep through the first three days. I know people who use anti-inflamatories and some who even use diuretics:)confused: never figured that out except maybe some effect on inner ear pressure?). There's various causes and contributing factors to motion sickness which is why Mythbusters methodology fails here. BTW, I have only rarely seen someone get sick for more than three days, and once had to have someone heli-evacuated due to projectile vomiting. In all these cases the persons were found to have inner ear infections.

An interesting aside: Guests who go through seasickness tend to tip very well, while diver one has to rescue don't tip at all....

I decided I pretty much suck at the ocean.

This summer I was in Florida with Tristan and a family friend took us fishing about 15 miles out. I didn't fair so well at all. It didn't bother me when we were moving..But when we would stop--we would just float around bouncing up and down while spinning in circles. I pretty much couldn't quit throwing up.

I decided I pretty much suck at the ocean.

This summer I was in Florida with Tristan and a family friend took us fishing about 15 miles out. I didn't fair so well at all. It didn't bother me when we were moving..But when we would stop--we would just float around bouncing up and down while spinning in circles. I pretty much couldn't quit throwing up.

Like I said before, 99.9% of people get over it after 3 days. Lord Admiral Nelson and many other famous seamen had problems with it. After the first few days out, it goes away.

Like I said before, 99.9% of people get over it after 3 days. Lord Admiral Nelson and many other famous seamen had problems with it. After the first few days out, it goes away.

That's good news. I didn't want Pirates of America to fail because I suck at the ocean.

until you come back onto dry land, and then experience it all over again in reverse.

until you come back onto dry land, and then experience it all over again in reverse.
That's happen at sea. You spend a good part of one day with such pitching and rolling, even on a carrier, and then smooth waters come along... for some reason, your body still wants to compensate for it while you're walking down the passageway. :dunno:

Try ginger root for motion sickness. My wife swears by it. Ginger candy, ginger ale, ginger anything...

I've already tried ginger. There is no absolute cure. I haven't even found much that will help ease it other than fresh chilled air and making sure you at least eat a pack of crackers or something.

Plus, I'm sure if they found an absolute cure/block, they probably would have found a cure for loss of situational awareness other than saying "trust the instruments."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back