Mother of all TFRs

Henning said:
The world has about 5 Billion people too many, go do your part to save the world.;)
You've said that before so I think you really mean it. Otherwise, I was thinking that maybe you wanted the world all to yourself. Go on up to WY or even large tracts of CA and just take it all in. Then tell me the world is overpopulated.

Henning said:
I do 14 hrs standing on my head. I've taken more ****es in a bottle and created more bag bombs than I can count. Gimme the O-2 with the minigun. "How can you shoot at women and children like that?", "Easy, you just don't lead them as much."
Henning, I'm really sorry I'm not on the route you're riding -- I'd really like to spend a couple of hours in the cockpit with you...

...but not enough that you'd have need of bottle or bag.

Richard said:
You've said that before so I think you really mean it. Otherwise, I was thinking that maybe you wanted the world all to yourself. Go on up to WY or even large tracts of CA and just take it all in. Then tell me the world is overpopulated.

Us people aren't the only things that inhabit the earth. There are some who can live well with others, but as a species we don't do well cohabitating with wildlife, and giving nature her due, these other things have a right to a place on this planet as well. Having dominion over the earth doesn't mean we get to put everything into zoos and take over every bit of arable land for agriculture to feed a human population on an exponential growth rate, Noah's orders were to protect the future of animals. When deer overpopulate the food supply for the acreage we allocate them, we issue more deer and doe tags to cull the herd, in some cases we send in professional hunters in helicopters (Catalina Island goats). I have been across and in the most remote places in the world including the Artic Tundra and the Antarctic Sea. I have been through the wilderness of Canada and Wyoming and California too. There is much more to supporting a population than just space for the people, you need space for agriculture for each of those people, and energy, and raw material at an exponentially growing rate! Not all of the earths surface supports agriculture well, and we also like to live in those same climes. All that area in WY and CA?? There's livestock running on most of it. Lot of the American West takes 10-100 even more acres per head to to sustain grazing cattle and you still need to feed them. Oh yeah, lot's of people don't really like to live near agriculture, it's dirty, dusty, desolate hard work, and depending on what you and your neighbors are farming and what with, it can really stink. We are on an unsustainable path, I just wonder where the path leads, Star Trek or Mad Max.;)

Ken Ibold said:
In that case, is shouldn't be a TFR; it should be a restricted airspace or MOA, set up in accordance with due process.

The convenience of the TFR process has the powers-that-be forgetting what the "T" stands for.
I'd vote for making it an Alert area and then letting the controllers at Luke AFB handle the communications/requests. I remember a time when it was scary as hell to fly anywhere around southern Arizona what with the UPT students out and about, the Eagle drivers from Luke and the A10s from Davis and the HALO/HAHO school north of Tuscon at the double-secret probation Christians In Action airbase and staging area.

Haven't flown out that way in eons, so don't rightfully know how it is anymore. Making it an alert area seems to make more sense to me.

-JD

CowboyPilot said:
I'd vote for making it an Alert area and then letting the controllers at Luke AFB handle the communications/requests.
We're not yet to the technological point where anyone's comfortable with UAV's operating in anything other than Restricted airspace -- not Alert Areas, and not MOA's. The hazard to other aircraft operating VFR is still considered unacceptable.

SkyHog said:
And....someone complained about my avatar. Negative rep :hairraise:

By the way, thanks, but I didn't neg ya, just nagged ya.:D Al...monkey...shudder...:eek: :vomit:

HenningWe are on an unsustainable path, I just wonder where the path leads, Star Trek or Mad Max.

Wow, just stumbled upon this thread. Very interesting and I'm surprised at some of the attitudes. As for the above, that's why I keep a minimum 1,500 rounds of 5.45x39 on hand along with my Disruptor of course. :D

Back