Morris this weekend

bstratt

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Canuck
Wouldn't you know it - the forecast for Sunday is just steadily deteriorating - now 30% chance of snow/rain plus cloudy. Saturday meanwhile just keeps getting better.

Do we stick to Sunday or switch to Saturday?

Saturday wont work. Saturday was going to be an instructional day for cross country planning.

Edit: We'll just get out there earlier. Forgot we have an hour head start on you guys.

Last edited:
I've re-booked the plane for Saturday. I've got the DA-40XL from 10:00 AM. We're also going to head up to Watertown for dinner at Steakfire, probably around 6:00.

Humph. I can't go to Morris on Saturday - Club BoD meeting. :(

Grant, maybe I can meet you guys at RYV?

Humph. I can't go to Morris on Saturday - Club BoD meeting. :(

Grant, maybe I can meet you guys at RYV?
Sounds good to me. We're going with the A&M Flying Club (our FBO). We have monthly flyout dinners, and this is the first one for this year. I don't think they'd have a problem with someone else joining us! I can call you when we're about to depart, or we can just try to meet up at around 6:00.

Others welcome as well!

Barry,

Where are you getting your weather? Sunday at Morris, 1 PM, shows 8% chance of precip and clouds 12,000 to unlimited. (US Air Net, which is generally quite reliable.)

I'd really rather we go Sunday, 'cuz I can't go Saturday. :(

its from sensationalist weather.com they totally missed todays forecast of rain/snow/all hell breaks loose here as well. turned out we saw the first thermals of the year under a sunny afternoon sky.

go sunday.

Barry,

Where are you getting your weather? Sunday at Morris, 1 PM, shows 8% chance of precip and clouds 12,000 to unlimited. (US Air Net, which is generally quite reliable.)

I'd really rather we go Sunday, 'cuz I can't go Saturday. :(
I don't know about Barry, but I'm getting it from wonderful NOAA via aviationweather.gov and entering a ZIP code or city. I should put Leslie on this; she's the weather maven. Loves intellicast.

I don't know about Barry, but I'm getting it from wonderful NOAA via aviationweather.gov and entering a ZIP code or city.

Wise man say: "Never trust anyone who thinks they can predict the weather 7 days in advance."

As noted, USAirNet is showing 1 PM Sunday as P6SM, Broken above 12,000, wind 180 at 11, temp 46F, dewpoint 27F.

72-hour surface forecast valid 7 AM Sunday shows a high-pressure system over Kentucky, with the closest precip to Morris being Minnesota and far northwestern Wisconsin.

More weather products will become available tomorrow. At this point I'd still say it looks like a Go for Sunday, but if y'all don't want me there... *pout* ;)

http://usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi?sta=KDPA&model=avn&state=IL&Submit=Get+Forecast

Hmmph! Now the front is delayed again. This morning's TV weather said chance of rain increasing in the afternoon and a virtual certainty by evening.

My thought was that if Sunday kept vacillating back and forth but Saturday was certain to be okay then why not switch to Saturday but if people can't switch, I'm fine with leaving it on Sunday and taking our chances. I kept both bookings. Let me know what the final consensus is.

Okay, now NOAA is showing:

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. North wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Saturday Night: Increasing clouds, with a low around 22. North wind around 6 mph becoming calm.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46. Calm wind becoming south between 8 and 11 mph.

Sunday Night:
A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Maybe I'll be able to get a plane both days! :yes:

I vote to keep it Sunday. This is why I usually dont check forecasts until about 6 hrs before departure for any trip. All it does is cause unwanted angst if you check any earlier.

Pastcast and PIREPS, thats all you need...;)

US AirNet now showing 0% chance of precip, winds from 170.

Surface forecast for 0600 is now showing the precip farther to the west.

Prog chart is now available and looking good.

See y'all Sunday. :) I have the plane from 11-3.

US AirNet now showing 0% chance of precip, winds from 170.

Surface forecast for 0600 is now showing the precip farther to the west.

Prog chart is now available and looking good.

See y'all Sunday. :) I have the plane from 11-3.

let me know what time you are picking up me and Leah Kent. RFD is closer but we can do Poplar Grove if you want.

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

I am a hare-brained idiot. D-U-M frickin' dumb.

My meeting is tomorrow (Sunday), not today (Saturday). :( :( :(

So, I'm out. Gaaaaaah! I'm ****ed. :(

Grant, I'll see you at RYV tonight. Barry, if you could go ahead and pick up Tony and Leah...

Ugh. :(

Grant, I'll see you at RYV tonight. Barry, if you could go ahead and pick up Tony and Leah...

Bummer Kent.

Barry, if you want to come get Leah and I at RFD, feel free, but if it is a hassle for you, dont worry bout it.

see you if I see you.

You SUCK
We all decided on Sunday because of you.

well due to uncertainty of a ride, Leah and I will opt out. Catch you all next time. Have fun.

You SUCK
We all decided on Sunday because of you.

Awww, and because I'm not gonna be there, you're not gonna have any fun? I'm flattered. :p :(

well due to uncertainty of a ride, Leah and I will opt out. Catch you all next time. Have fun.

Sorry Tony. Ed's right, I suck.

This sucks. :(

But at least I didn't get home at 4:15 AM, have to wake up after 4.5 hours' sleep, shower, dress, and drive all the way over to the east side before I realized it... Oh wait, I did. :(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Just to confuse things, Leslie and I did Morris Saturday and met up with Kent at Watertown Saturday evening. A good time was had by all. We DO have a plane for Sunday, and expect to do Morris AGAIN! It's a very simple breakfast/lunch place with a limited menu. They don't even have fries! See y'all there around noon.

Sorry Tony, we were out yesterday then stayed out for dinner. Didn't check emails last night. If you can still make it give me a call on my cell phone 312-502-9911. RFD is not that far for me.

too late Barry. Leah and I have already opted for late church which cramps the schedule for a lunch in Morris. No worries, we'll try again next time.

Well, despite Kent's "brain fart" :p, Leslie's needing some additional sleep, and Tony & Leah going to church rather than worshipping a little closer to heaven :p , we had a good turnout. Grant arrived first in a Hawk, followed very soon by Barry (Canuck) and Jackie in the Arrow. Then Scott (redcloud) came up from Ohio in his Skylane. Dr. Bruce and Susan surprised us (very pleasantly, of course), arriving in his Seneca. Almost an hour late due to a whole slew of issues, EdFred and his dad, Brad, arrived in EdFred's Cherokee 180. Here are a couple of pictures at dinner and out in front of Dr. Bruce's Seneca. That's EdFred's ride next to them.

(Unfortunately, I jsut saw that I cut Scott off in the photo. Sorry!:redface: )

Attachments

• DSCF0103.JPG
    DSCF0103.JPG
    615.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0104.JPG
    DSCF0104.JPG
    621.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF0105.JPG
    DSCF0105.JPG
    539.1 KB · Views: 17
well looks like you folks had fun, have to try again next time i guess.

Looks like it was a good time. I thought about coming but was unable since I'll be flying quite a bit during the Glideathon.

Y'know, it sure looks like the weather turned out to be OK after all. ;)

I was seriously bummin' though... Meetings really suck when the weather's nice and you just want to be flyin' with your friends. :(

meetings.jpg

Back