Morning Site

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
I hate to bring this up, and please dont take it the wrong way, but the worst thing a popular growing site can do is to shut down for long periods of time. The users will start looking elsewhere for their morning fix. (and they just might find a better one) I never noticed the site being down before, but the last 3 days or so it has been annoying when i try to log in in the morning to retrieve messages, and am unable to.
What takes so long in a backup? this is just php/mysql stuff. mysql should be able to back this up much faster than what is being done. If you all need help, let me know. Maybe there is something I can do to ease your backup woes.

Michael

Chuck is the only one who has access to the backup portions and he'll be back next week. I've been turning it back on but hadn't realized it was recurring until yesterday. I logged in earlier for it today.

It's not the backup. It's the procedure that brings the forums back online that's hanging.

Brian Austin said:
Chuck is the only one who has access to the backup portions and he'll be back next week. I've been turning it back on but hadn't realized it was recurring until yesterday. I logged in earlier for it today.

It's not the backup. It's the procedure that brings the forums back online that's hanging.

So what your saying is that when Greebo goes away the site goes to pot? Maybe we shouldn't let him have a vacation! :hairraise:

I know, you can't tell someone who doesn't get paid that they can't take a vacation... so it's just a reminder that we need to thank all you guys for keeping up our second favorite habit (the first of course being flying).

:cheerswine: :cheerswine: :cheerswine: :cheerswine: :cheerswine: :cheerswine: :cheerswine:
Missa

I hope its not the new way the backups will run. At night I've been forced to get my forum fix on the other board.

Methinks that could be why I'm losing sleep at night! :)

NickDBrennan said:
I hope its not the new way the backups will run. At night I've been forced to get my forum fix on the other board.

Methinks that could be why I'm losing sleep at night! :)
No, we had this issue before and Chuck fixed it. Not sure why it suddenly started up again.

Okay, found the scheduled task that initiates the Nightly Backup. I've removed the task so, with luck, it's not stuck in a different cronjob somewhere else.

Back