More updates!

AWESOME!! If you thought you were good at pounding rivets before, wait till you start putting the wing skins on. You'll have a whole new appreciation of a pneumatic rivet squeezer even for the few times you can actually use it. ;)

Great looking project!!:cornut:

Phenominal Don! I might have to make a trip down to las cruces to see the beaut!

You have done me a great service by posting your pictures and build history. I occasionally think about trying to build an RV (but a real one with the third wheel in the correct place) simply because many others have done so, none of whom work for NASA. Then I see what is involved for just part of the tail, and realize it is not meant to be. I would have spent another kit worth of money for spares and still not have anything to show. Please continue to post so I don't forget.

PS: Where are you really doing the work? Nobody's shop looks like that when they are building an airplane. Is this a trick?

Finally got around to updating the website again. Lots of progress and starting to really look like airplane parts!

http://www.weflyforfun.com/news_2.html

You have done me a great service by posting your pictures and build history. I occasionally think about trying to build an RV (but a real one with the third wheel in the correct place) simply because many others have done so, none of whom work for NASA. Then I see what is involved for just part of the tail, and realize it is not meant to be. I would have spent another kit worth of money for spares and still not have anything to show. Please continue to post so I don't forget.

PS: Where are you really doing the work? Nobody's shop looks like that when they are building an airplane. Is this a trick?

I am building it in my garage at home. I have to share the space with the tractor, various junk stored on shelves, etc. When the fuselage construction comes along, something is going to have to change.:idea:

AWESOME!! If you thought you were good at pounding rivets before, wait till you start putting the wing skins on. You'll have a whole new appreciation of a pneumatic rivet squeezer even for the few times you can actually use it. ;)

Great looking project!!:cornut:

I already have a love for the pneumatic squeezer. I find myself going out of my way to use it. I really hate the bucking bar/ rivet gun. Back riveting on the other hand is quick and easy. Bucking them isn't hard, the squeezer is just faster. Right now I am in the middle of putting the 1st fuel tank together. Riveting with the "Black Death" absolutely stinks. Again, it's not hard, just messy and slow.
ft2.jpg

ft3.jpg

Last edited:
I already have a love for the pneumatic squeezer. I find myself going out of my way to use it. I really hate the bucking bar/ rivet gun. Back riveting on the other hand is quick and easy. Bucking them isn't hard, the squeezer is just faster. Right now I am in the middle of putting the 1st fuel tank together. Riveting with the "Black Death" absolutely stinks. Again, it's not hard, just messy and slow.

Cool beans! Popsicle sticks and latex gloves are your best friends with that stuff. If you get messy, throw the old tools (sticks) and gloves away and start with a fresh set. Much easier than trying to clean tools and keep finger prints off of everything.

Everything looks great, though! Everything looks very neat and well assembled. I'm sure you're gonna be VERY happy with the end product! When it's done, you'll have to bring it up to Boone for the annual RV Forum. :)

+1 for me too.

That is something. Nice craftsmanship. That's going to be a nice airplane, and soon -- you're really moving along!

Back