More Replies below current depth

S

SJP

Is there a way to change that depth ?

I kinda like the threaded/hybrid mode, but when scanning for new replies to a large thread, half of them get lost because they are 'below current depth' ?

Steve,

I've upped the "depth" limit from 5 to 15. Let me know if that is sufficient. I'm not sure what, if any, performance impact this might have so I'm reluctant to increase it too substantially w/o testing.

CH

Greebo said:
Steve,

I've upped the "depth" limit from 5 to 15. Let me know if that is sufficient. I'm not sure what, if any, performance impact this might have so I'm reluctant to increase it too substantially w/o testing.

CH

MUCH better ! Keep going... Another board I use has it on ~infinite and it's much easier to follow very long, branching threads.

Ok I've substantially increased both the depth and the amount of posts downloaded to you in the pre-load cache - let me know if it gets too slow and I'll prune it back.

Greebo said:
Ok I've substantially increased both the depth and the amount of posts downloaded to you in the pre-load cache - let me know if it gets too slow and I'll prune it back.

Seems to be much better :)

I suspect it would only be a performance hit if the thread had a large branch section.

Thanks !

Back