More on FEES

They are lying straight out but it is a cute video. I love the old cowboy.

And now for the rebuttal.
Just saw that yesterday. Really torqued my prop to see the lies they are telling. I sure can't remember the last time I got to taxi out ahead of the big guys, but I do remember cooling my heels for extended periods of time to get a clearance that took me 80 miles out of my way to get where I was going.

Based solely on those two videos, I would come down on the side of the airlines if I didn't know the truth. I think the AOPA rebuttal is weak.

All, to educate ourselves on what is being said, please take a look at the videos on this web page, then write your congress person about the facts.

One of the airtraffic videos shows 33% of the air traffic as "corporate". I believe this is non commercial aviation, not business jets.

http://www.smartskies.org/News/Videos/default.htm?Redirect=1

This new alliance organization seems to be the ones on top of a real fight. The AOPA does a lot of great stuff and takes on some heavy fights but why do they seem to be behind the ball when a newer organization is... better organized in the fight?

i think AOPA formed this alliance thing kennny

i think AOPA formed this alliance thing kennny

Yeah, they are a charter member.

I just wish that AOPA would do a better job of posting the members of the committees that they want us to contact. They just tell us to "contact members of the finance committee" but don't provide us with an easily accessible list, or even a link?

It would really help drive traffic, IMHO.

Do you think if I use a British accent people will let me cut in front? :confused: :rolleyes:

They are lying straight out but it is a cute video. I love the old cowboy.

And now for the rebuttal.

It's sad that neither side can present a complete and accurate picture, but I guess that's impossible in an ADD/MTV society, and probably beyond the scope of most peoples interest or ability. Reality is, if we dedicated 2 days Iraq budget to fixing the system, we could fix it. Although, weather would still cause delays and poor management would still keep the airlines broke even if they were tax exempt.

Back